1/24 TSR2!!!

Started by Mossie, November 02, 2006, 07:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

They're both ruddy huge. Heritage had a test shot of the Lanc with them at the NL Nats. The vac sheet was bigger than a newspaper broadsheet. We're talking 1 m^2 of plastic here. The fuselage is a metre long. The wing should be as big as a 1:350 aircraft carrier.  

lancer

Ok, who is gonna be the first to stick a small engine in on and fly it?? :dum:  :dum:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

P1127

QuoteDoes it? Mine (a Heritage set) came with high-visibility decals that (according to Martin H and Thorvic) are for an FRS.1.
Is that the one for the Anniversary bird with the yellow/blue tail?
It's not an effing  jump jet.

Aircav

1/24 TSR2 would look great on a stand and the Mosquito would look great as part of a diorama  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Are we certain a 1/24 TSR wouldn't breach some part of a SALT agreement or something ?  :dum:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TsrJoe

mmmm...24th scale TSR.2...lol    :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Hobbes

QuoteDoes it? Mine (a Heritage set) came with high-visibility decals that (according to Martin H and Thorvic) are for an FRS.1.

Now that you mention it, they are anniversary markings,  for 899 NAS, 1942-1992

Aircraft serials are XW268 and ZB605
Looked them up just now:
XW268 is a Harrier T4A
ZB605 is a Harrier T8

The markings look like this:

except the tail fin, for which I only have the white part and the yellow text 1942-1992 /VL

P1127

Now that you mention it, they are anniversary markings,  for 899 NAS, 1942-1992

Aircraft serials are XW268 and ZB605
Looked them up just now:
XW268 is a Harrier T4A
ZB605 is a Harrier T8

The markings look like this:

except the tail fin, for which I only have the white part and the yellow text 1942-1992 /VL
Yep, they sent you the decals for the T4/8 kit!!

You caould give them an email and ask if they will swp them - they can only say no!

(They were pretty quick to respond when I asked they about the pictures last week)
It's not an effing  jump jet.

Hobbes

Yeah, I could try that. But on their site they show this decal set as part of the kit, so the error is intentional (ie they probably don't have the correct decals).