what if more Rafale's were exported

Started by Spey_Phantom, November 03, 2006, 12:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

OK, up to now France has failed so sell any rafale's abroad. although chances still exsist that Saudi Arabia, Morroco and Libya would buy it, what if more customers would buy this fighter.

Belgium
looking forward to replacing its fleet of obsolete F-16A's in 2015, the Belgian Defence ordered 48 Rafale's (40 C's and 8 B's), these were delivered in 2014 and in 2018, an follow on order was placed for an additional 12 aircraft (12 B special attack versions)

profile:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Hobbes

Very nice!
Interesting profile, too. The two-seater looks rather different (I've only seen the single-seater so far).

How about a few more versions?
- NATO markings, for the new joint European carrier force
- RN, for the CVF carriers
- Dutch
- USN (when the F-35 program collapses)

I enjoyed building Revell's excellent 1:144 Rafale kit, btw.  

Aircav

I've got plans for a single-seat Jordanian Rafale  :P  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Spey_Phantom

here's another country, if they would have there own air force, they would operate 4 of these  B)

Luxemburg

after getting defence autonomy by the EU, Luxemburg started to create there own air force, witch in 2008 became known as "Corps Aerienne Luxembourg" (Luxemburg Air Corps). first fighter equipment arived in 2010 in the form of 4 Rafale-B 2-seat fighterjets. who were stationed at Luxemburg International.

profile:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Archibald

Quotehere's another country, if they would have there own air force, they would operate 4 of these  B)

Luxemburg

after getting defence autonomy by the EU, Luxemburg started to create there own air force, witch in 2008 became known as "Corps Aerienne Luxembourg" (Luxemburg Air Corps). first fighter equipment arived in 2010 in the form of 4 Rafale-B 2-seat fighterjets. who were stationed at Luxemburg International.

profile:
Nice profiles! Aparently the building of the Luxembourg Air Force has already started: they have bought a lone A400M!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

anthonyp

QuoteNice profiles! Aparently the building of the Luxembourg Air Force has already started: they have bought a lone A400M!
So THEY'RE the ones who bought it  :lol:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Archibald

...with 7 others countries, Anthony. :)
180 are planned...  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

anthonyp

Yeah, I know (remember where I work), just poking fun that it hasn't even flown yet, won't fly for a while, and some of the launch customers are making noise about dumping it for C-130's.

Archibald

Yep sometimes I have some difficulties with english I admit (not my native language  ;) ). No problem... Is the A400M the European counterpart of the JSF (same problem, some countries are threatening to drop off the program to buy the competitor)  

anthonyp

Kinda, except where the JSF has already flown and members are making noise about work share and tech transfers (which are fair concerns), while the A400M still has yet to fly and members are getting jumpy.

BTW, I actually have a couple Rafales to contribute to this thread:

Chinese Rafale M

Canadian Air Force CF-190 Cyclone II (Rafale M)

Republic of French Louisiana Rafale B (almost complete)

South Vietnamese Rafale A

Archibald

hmmm the Norvegian case seem quite serious. but I agree, the A-400M is now delayed (that's not as serious as the A380, but there's delays).
C-130J had less performances (half the load, shorter range) but it is imediately available (and already in service in denmark If I remember well).

Those rafales are lovely, and very imaginatives! The South vietnamese is cool, and the New France, too!!!  

anthonyp

QuoteNew France, too!!!
Republic of French Louisiana!   :P

Thanks!  I'm still trying to figure out what to arm the Louisianan Rafale with.  I'm leaning towards sea control with an ECM pod, an anti-shipping missile, and some air-to-air missiles.  Maybe I'll go wild weasel...

nev

Did someone mention export Rafales?  ;)

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

From what I understand Libya is a definite possibility - maybe in the very near future.

As for others, you could have some of the competitions it lost (or won, but was denied - if you're into that sort of thing):

South Korea,
Singapore.

Other possabilities:

Taiwan,
Brazil,
UK, Spain, Germany (if the Eurofighter history had gone a different way);
Austria (same deal)
South Africa,
Greece,

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

You forget your own country GTX (Australia  :unsure: ?)! It's time to replace that's good old F-18A...  ^_^ (albeit the Rafale lack range to replace the F-111s :( )