Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

These two have been pestering me for awhile, daring to become the next big project. After having a powwow, we decided that it would be our mission to make this into one bad mofo ground support aircraft. I see the pusher being used for high altitude loitering (shutting down the mains) and the being used in conjuction with the main engines during a mission for more POWER! Were we go, no one knows for sure, except for them......... :ph34r:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Tophe

:wub: I love it, I love it, I love it :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

B777LR

nev

I can't believe you cut up those 2 beautiful warbirds!

But the new creation looks nice Dr Frankenstein  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Archibald

So good!!!! I already love it  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

The Rat

You're starting to scare me Eddie.

And that's a GOOD thing!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Wicked !

I was a little frightened at first myself....chopping up that lovely B-25. The 'Stang was okay, a dime-a-dozen type. But that Mitchell, with all those bristley bits, that sure looked like alot of work !

I gues you answer the question that alot of us have " what to do with the finished models ?" I mean, iy you kept every one, you'd be overrun ! Well, some of us would. I think Anthony plans on building a shed with his built kits.

Anyway.....

If you keep turning two kits into one, and then turn teo of you Frankers into one....you'll have space ifinately !

Great stuff, Eddie. Looking forward to the in-progress reports !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

I did have my reservations about the Mitchell, but it was a shoddy job at best. When I built that, I was going through a phase of,"as long as it looks good from a distance" In reality, seams everywhere, decals peeling and glue marks galore. Since my Grandfather died last Christmas (he trained to be a B-25 pilot, but washed out because of blackouts :ph34r: ), I've wanted to do one in 1/72 and do it RIGHT in his honor. B)
    Eddie  
Look behind you!

Jeffry Fontaine

First thing I thought of was when I read your thread title was: "is this a kit bashing session with a B-25 and a P-61?"  Guess I was mistaken.  Your ingenuity has achieved a new level of kit bashing here with this Mustang/Mitchell combination.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

QuoteFirst thing I thought of was when I read your thread title was: "is this a kit bashing session with a B-25 and a P-61?"  Guess I was mistaken.  Your ingenuity has achieved a new level of kit bashing here with this Mustang/Mitchell combination.
Thank you very much Jeffry! B)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Eddie, I'm continuously in awe of your off-the-wall kitbashing ideas. I mean, who else would even think of bashing a Mitchell and a Mustang? Not to mention the design.......I mean, wow.

Jon

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, I'm continuously in awe of your off-the-wall kitbashing ideas. I mean, who else would even think of bashing a Mitchell and a Mustang? Not to mention the design.......I mean, wow.

Jon
Thank you Jon, I'm glad you like it :).

Someone at FSM thinks I should lengthen the nose to move the CG forward. What do ya think? If anything, I would bring the Mustang engine foward, although adding more nose DOES sound challenging. ^_^
   Eddie
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

QuoteEddie, I'm continuously in awe of your off-the-wall kitbashing ideas. I mean, who else would even think of bashing a Mitchell and a Mustang? Not to mention the design.......I mean, wow.

Jon
Thank you Jon, I'm glad you like it :).

Someone at FSM thinks I should lengthen the nose to move the CG forward. What do ya think? If anything, I would bring the Mustang engine foward, although adding more nose DOES sound challenging. ^_^
   Eddie

Well, IMHO, the Mustang engine does need to come forward. In its current configuration, it looks like the nose could be moved forward, but not by much. Why don't you move it forward about 1/2"(this is 1/48, right?) then see if it still looks like the nose should be longer. That's what I would do.

Jon

EDIT: Also, how do you plan on cooling the Mustang engine?

Eddie M.

QuoteAlso, how do you plan on cooling the Mustang engine?
You have to cool an engine?!? ;)  :lol:  I guess it will have to be liquid cooled...unless I add a scoop to air cool it.
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Woah Mr Miller, yet another incrredible, outtasight masterpiece in the making! I am waaaay impressed with your imagination and ingenuity. I'm not sure about the need to lengthen the nose, but Mr Un Nombre does make an interesting point about cooling the Mustang engine. Perhaps that's what the scoop-shaped space below it is for?

Another idea would be to remove the nose glazing completely and install a fourth engine.

Your work never ceases to delight and astound me.

Brian da Basher

P.S. Have you considered adding spats? ;)