Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Rafael

Well Eddie, i'm sorry to hear about your loss.... But the memories, man, the memories are the most cherished treasure our loved ones left behind for us. I toast to all of them!!!

With sympathies,
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Damian2

As Rafael said a toast to all those who went before!  
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Eddie M.

Thank you Everyone. Tonight's the family recieves visitors and tomorrow is the funeral. We waited because my sister was out of country. Maybe after the funeral iI can get back to some plastic mayhem. In the mean time, Berny13's care package arrived with a full load of goodies. I found a set of tanks for the wing tips.  :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Rafael

Has the personality and charm of a Vietnam-era gunfighter

Outstanding!!
Rafa.

1/72 Scale Maniac
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ollie

My deepest condoleances regarding your Grandpa Eddie...

Lest we forget...

:(  :(  

Eddie M.

Thank you Everyone for your kind thoughts. B) I've got a little more done tonight. I've run into a brickwall as far as blending the booms to the plane, but I'm slowly working my way through it. :party:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI've run into a brickwall as far as blending the booms to the plane, but I'm slowly working my way through it.
Hopefully this will not come across as pedantic:

You might want to try very thin strips of Evergreen plastic to blend the booms into the nacelles on your B-25 instead of the cardstock you are currently using.  The thin strips will conform to the gaps and compound curves better and you can easily sand them down to the desired general contours after they're built up.  Then, you can finish it off later with a relatively minimal amount of Tamiya putty.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thanks JHM B) I'll be using that one in the future. I think I've finished the weapons load by adding this 105mm cannon. It's attached by a swing and actuator so that it may be brought up into the bomb bay for reloading.
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Rafael

That's a crazy modeling stunt !!!!!

I love it Eddie !!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

B777LR

OH yes, a 105 mm gun! :wub:  Couldnt be better than that!  :wub: And on a twin boom!

How about the turboprops off a C-130 instead of these pistons?

John Howling Mouse

Hey, is this legal ?!?!   :o  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

SimonR

Looks fantastic Eddie! Can't wait to see it finished. I've just got back from a lengthy trip to the Far East (shipped over 20kg/45lbs of kits back!) and it's great to see what whif magic has unfolded in my absence.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

B777LR

Eddie, please remove the picture of that bleeding finger, i just lost my appetite! :(  

Eddie M.

Look behind you!