Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

I can't wait to see this in it's final colors!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Maverick

to paraphrase Jake Blues

"Jesus H Breakdancing Christ!"

looking too cool

Mav

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Eddie this one keeps getting better and better and better! I too am really looking forward to seeing this beauty all painted up and ready for action!

Congratulations on your anniversary and I'm glad to hear you're getting over that bug.

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

I've been doing some thinking and I might go with a gloss black paint job. My reasoning is that with all the weird twists and turns this thing has, it might prove to be a migraine waiting to happen if I try a camo pattern. Plus, it would give that double take effect of,"Is that a Black Widow?" so, that's what I'm leaning toward......
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

mgp

From the front it looks kind of Neptune-ish so a Dark Blue Gloss and White finish would suit it quite nicely.

Mark
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

Eddie M.

QuoteFrom the front it looks kind of Neptune-ish so a Dark Blue Gloss and White finish would suit it quite nicely.

Mark
Say, an ASW bird! Now that's an idea! B)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

Rafael

Yeah!! and it could operate on one engine only, ála Nimrod. Imagine what that Gatling would do to a surfaced sub. I think an episode like that ocurred at the Falklands with a Linx disabling an Argentinean sub with cannon and sea-skuas. Just another role for this marvelous concept!!!

Ummm...... :wub:  :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Just my humble opinion but I like the idea of the black finish best.

And, if you happen to go that route, there is a fellow handbrush-painter on this site named "Radish" who has a peculiar knack for working in "black" subjects and managing to somehow bring out subtle, realistic tones like the rest of us only dream about.

Believe it or not, I've even seen pics to prove it!  He could hopefully be persuaded to offer tips/advice should you go that route...?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Archibald

QuoteGood thing I'm not an engineer!
Aw come on ! Surley you can figure a way to stick a rotor on top !
Compound- autogyro !!  :lol: Maybe a CH-53 rotor ?
Like this whatif, it looks cool!!!  :cheers:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

I think Black would be more intimidating and would make folks do a double-take, but that Navy scheme would probably be more eye-catching.

What will Eddie do? My guess is the ex-swabbie will go ASW!
;)
Brian da Basher

Shasper

Could do the best of both, dk blue on top & the sides/underside in black.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

I've gotten to the point where I needed to put the primer coat on for defect detention and as a change of perspective.  Now, I will sit and stare at it for some clues as to the way forward. :)

If some of you were wondering why my production level has fallen, I been working on a real world build. Here's the latest addition to my fleet. ^_^
  Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Sweet mother of pearl !  That B-whatever is going to kick some serious tail !  Love the 14 too...nice and neat.

Shasper

Should've known the Model Whisperer was a' whisperin' to another! :lol:

[southernvoice]When I git all growed up, I wunna model jist like him![/southernvoice]

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Forgive me for sounding like such a schneck ™ but the defect "detention" (I like that) ain't working: your Pusher-B looks way better than I could have imagined!

Could you go with 3-color SEA camo upper and camo grey underneath?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.