Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chap

Eddie, which ever paint scheme you choose I am confident it will turn out great. Excellent work on both the B-25 and the F-14.

~Steve

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Mr Miller stunning work! That twin-boom B-25 is coming along great! She looks even meaner with that top turret on.

That real-world F-14 is absolutely killer! I always love seeing your navy builds!

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

QuoteEddie, which ever paint scheme you choose I am confident it will turn out great. Excellent work on both the B-25 and the F-14.

~Steve
Oh yes both are marvels :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

P L E A S E...... Mr M, please use the AC-119 pattern SEA camo with satin black underside  :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

QuoteP L E A S E...... Mr M, please use the AC-119 pattern SEA camo with satin black underside  :wub:

Ian
Ian,
 If you get me a picure of what that looks like, I'll do my best to use it or some variation of it. ;)  :lol:

Thank all of you once again for the kind comments about this on going project. I'm glad you're still checkin' back at the progress. Believe it or not, this is a fast build at my pace ;) . The KC/B-17 took just about a year in comparison. :wacko: :)
   Eddie    
Look behind you!

B777LR

Eddie M!!! Dont forget the toilets!

Shasper

Eddie,

You plan on adding any sort of podded radar? Got a nice shot of one mounted on a Cessna:

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie,

You plan on adding any sort of podded radar? Got a nice shot of one mounted on a Cessna:

Shas B)
I had one on in previously in this thread, but 86ed it because....... well I don't know why. It may come back. Which is the point of this thread. I got vapor lock in the build. Part of me now thinks this should stay with the original intent and go for a CAS with just the gun in the nose and some underwing rockets. I'm torn between putting the big gun and jet engines on it. That would be so beefy!

Here's where I need your thoughts. Do I keep the jet engines and 105 mm cannon or not. Thanks for your input in advance.
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

BlackOps

I like it without the jet engines but I'm usually wrong about these things  :wacko:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Jeffry Fontaine

AC-119 Gunships Webpage

There may be some good reference images available on the above web page for you to use as a guide.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Mossie

Eddie, personally I'd stay with the gun but ditch the jets.  To me, the jets look kind of out of place.  The gun just looks right, rockets would go with the badass theme as well.

The guns very plausible.  In the real world (whats that???) the Brits looked at fitting a 4.5" (115mm) gun to their immediate post war aircraft.  It was designed as a bomber killer for interceptors (although it would've been a hell of a tank buster as well), the shell had a proximity fuse so a direct hit wasn't required.  The 30mm Aden cannon was supposed to be an interim until the 4.5" was developed, but it never materialised.  

I guess what I'm saying is keep the BFG!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

Ya gotta keep the BFG, Eddie! And as contrarian as it sounds, I vote to keep the jets. Adding the jets was a masterstroke of whiffery in my book!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

I can see your dilemma, Eddie.

If it was me, I'd definitely keep the gun but would ditch the jets.
While I agree with BdaB about them being a master-stroke of Whiffery, something about seeing modern-looking jets podded next to old-style radial engines just doesn't feel right to me (this from a guy who puts grape jelly on his perogies, though!)

In the end, of course, it is YOUR model, your concept.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

mgp

I'm going to say keep the jets and ditch the gun. You've already got the rotary cannon in the nose so the 105 becomes superfluous. I would add rocket pods to the wings though.  
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

Eddie M.

Thank you very much to you folks that voiced their opinion.  I've made creation that had everything added to them. Those went fun, but I think I'm going to go with the less is more attitiude. I'll keep the gun( because I spent so much time on it) and 86 the engines. To me, this is comparable to the decision of not making the KC/B-17 into a six engine bird. tough, but I think it will work. The voices are saying simple is good! :ph34r:  :P  :lol:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!