Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

QuoteGlad to hear they got there alright.  Decals usable, too?

Technique? I'd keep the shafts on the model's engines and remove the props' shafts.  Once drilled out to match the shaft from the engines, I think the shallow insertion of the engine shaft into the backing plate's own hole will be enough of a joint.
Yes, the decals are EXACTLY what I envisioned. Thank y'all for the helpful advice about the prop problem. I think adding the prop to the existing shaft looks less painful. ;) Should have prelim pix shortly......
  Eddie

I'm gaining motivation from Iron Maiden's album Powerslave today. If you've never heard "Aces High", check it out sometime. Great song. B)  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Alright, for your comparison pleasure. From what I started out with, to the exchange of spinners, to the finished mod. Thanks JHM! ;)  :D
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Rafael

OK, I have to seriously ask the moderators/admins for sound in this forum, you can't hear me clapping - Encore!! :cheers:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Oh, oh, oh!!!!  Wow.  Meaty.  Can we have another head-on shot showing the new props, please?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteOh, oh, oh!!!!  Wow.  Meaty.  Can we have another head-on shot showing the new props, please?
Your wish is my command, O Generous One. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

I think that "Schaaaaaawiiiiing !" covers that... nice job there, sir !

Eddie M.

QuoteI think that "Schaaaaaawiiiiing !" covers that... nice job there, sir !
Thank you Sir! B)

Alright, another opinion question. I've started thinking of dropping the idea of the big 155 gun in the belly and closing the bomb bay door to keep with my mantra of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) That may be funny to some to hear that from me, but sometimes I feel the need to pull back on ideas to stop a project from becoming too busy. It's quite possible that being a bit blue has something to do with my thought process. No pity party here ( I was once told by a 1st class petty officer that if yer lookin' for sympathy, look between sh*t and syphillis in the dictionary :lol: ) So, after all the crying, do I keep the gun in the belly or not ? :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Jeffry Fontaine

Eddie, ditch the big gun and move a couple of the rockets further outboard on the wing to get them out of the propeller arc, otherwise you will have to synchronize them to fire between the blades and that could get ugly if it does not work.   
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, ditch the big gun and move a couple of the rockets further outboard on the wing to get them out of the propeller arc, otherwise you will have to synchronize them to fire between the blades and that could get ugly if it does not work.
You noticed the prop interference well. Good eye.  :) Someone noticed it as well and I have already removed the ones that would blow the prop off. I will add more to the outboard side later. By the way, those are some of the rockets you sent me. Thank you! B)
   Eddie 
Look behind you!

Shasper

So is it the Bazling or another gun thats being dropped?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Sisko

Man that is lookin the goods!!!!!!!!!

Damn nice paint job :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

I'd hate to see this wonderful project get bogged down so I gotta vote for ditching the big gun as well. I'm kinda seeing this as an anti-shipping strike bird now and I have no trouble imagining that bombay loaded up with torpedoes.

Your work on the props is sweet, Mr. Miller! I found myself going back to look at them again and again. It's details like that which can really pull a build together.

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Can you imagine what a coastal interdiction support aircraft (CIS ?) this would be???  Yep, ditch the terror of the gun and go with torps or depth charges in the belly of that beautiful beast!

John Howling Mouse

Would it be feasible to have a long/deep enough belly bay to stack, say, four torpedos within the fuselage?

Imagine the secondary strike capability you'd have!  Did TBF Avengers carry more than one torpedo at a time in their bays?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Not too much going on with this one. I've got two "mini" torpedoes that I fashioned from the ones Jeffry F. sent me. I've also been painting the frame work ( not done yet) for the canopy and nose glass. Plus, one of the last looks inside the nose before it gets closed in. That shroud around the guns was a bear to make! :wacko:
  Eddie

Look behind you!