Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

That's some mighty fine detail work there, Mr Miller! I really like your shroud around the gat. Nice touch.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Oh, BOY!!![/size]
This is incredible!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

I'm working on picking out the rest of the decals for this project, but I'm wondering if these would put it over the top. These came with the original B-25. what do you think? Too much?
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Over the top? Naaaah. I say, go for it!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Sounds like a good plan----Just watch out as that might be a lot of "visible" clear decal film in the end...  :o  

cthulhu77

Hmmm...I'd think it would silver like crazy. Hate to see that finish ruined !

Eddie M.

QuoteHmmm...I'd think it would silver like crazy. Hate to see that finish ruined !
I've learned to trim all the excess clear film out as the decal is setting with a very sharp blade. That's how I've learned to deal with the big Blue Angel US NAVY decals under the wings. Neat trick I picked up in the FSM mag. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

I don't know....depending on how the light hits it, there might STILL be a chance of decal-silvering.

You'd, um, better just send the big twin-pusher B-25 over to me once it's all done for a final inspection.

You know...."final" inspection.

Over here, at my place.

;)

:D  

Eddie M.

QuoteI don't know....depending on how the light hits it, there might STILL be a chance of decal-silvering.

You'd, um, better just send the big twin-pusher B-25 over to me once it's all done for a final inspection.

You know...."final" inspection.

Over here, at my place.

;)

:D
Be careful what you wish for..... ;)

The decalling has begun. No big words on the wings. No room! :lol:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Stellar!  I was just envisioning the time process in trimming all of those decals (the big words)...and thought, "oh wow...he is going to go crazy." Of course, I had forgotten the awesome job on the Blue Angels bird.

My bad.

:(  

BlackOps

Coolness Maximus!  The decals really pop against the dark paint. It may have been a long road, but boy was the journey worth it, final stretch Eddie, Final stretch :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Oh yes!!! Those red-bordered U.S. insignia look perfect on this beauty!!!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Man, what an impact!  Very intimidating!

SimonR

Incredible result! Very, very good. Shame the big decals didn't fit.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson