Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Opinion time again. Keep the twin 50's or 86 them. I think I'm going to have to add a plug to lengthen the fuselage a bit due to the tail heavy natural of this beast. Gotta have room to add the lead weights. Which, of course means I'll have to mod the nose gear to dual wheels. :P  Back to the 50s. I kinda want to slick it up a bit. I could even installing the 50s from the Mustang into the wings of the Pusher Mitchell. So many ideas....... ^_^
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Hmmm, I'm torn on this one. Part of me wants to say how you'd need the turret for fighter protection, but part of me agrees that 86'ing the turret  will smooth it up considerably. What about a B-29-style turret? That way you get the protection and utilitarian look of the turret, but you still slick it up some. Just a thought.

Jon

Alvis 3.1

Excellent! I'd never thought of that configuration, and trust me I've been hacking up a LOT of classic 1/48th scale planes lately!

Keep up the good work!

Alvis 3.1

Eddie M.

QuoteHmmm, I'm torn on this one. Part of me wants to say how you'd need the turret for fighter protection, but part of me agrees that 86'ing the turret  will smooth it up considerably. What about a B-29-style turret? That way you get the protection and utilitarian look of the turret, but you still slick it up some. Just a thought.

Jon
Now there's another winner of an idea. I can shorten the post of the turret that it is mounted on by 1/8" and it will bring it down a bit. We'll see what happens. B)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

QuoteHmmm, I'm torn on this one. Part of me wants to say how you'd need the turret for fighter protection, but part of me agrees that 86'ing the turret  will smooth it up considerably. What about a B-29-style turret? That way you get the protection and utilitarian look of the turret, but you still slick it up some. Just a thought.

Jon
Now there's another winner of an idea. I can shorten the post of the turret that it is mounted on by 1/8" and it will bring it down a bit. We'll see what happens. B)
   Eddie
Glad I could be of service to ya again, Eddie. I wish things just popped into my head that easily for MY builds....

Jon

Eddie M.

QuoteExcellent! I'd never thought of that configuration, and trust me I've been hacking up a LOT of classic 1/48th scale planes lately!

Keep up the good work!

Alvis 3.1
Thanks Alvis! I appreciate it! B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I took the section that I removed from the aft end and split it open. I used it for the framework of the new section and I chopped the support for the twin 50s for more low profile look. Thanks Jon!
   Eddie

Look behind you!

SinUnNombre

Well, now that the picture's finally loaded(damn dial-up), I can tell you that that looks absolutely flipin' sweet! Are you going to leave it glazed or paint it over solid? Its interesting to note how the cut-up blend of OD and NMF is so reminescent of the B-17/135. Can't wait to see the next progress report.

Jon

Brian da Basher

Wow Mr Miller, your wrok on that turret looks great! It absolutely fits like a glove! I think you're listening very carefully to all the whispers from this one...

Brian da Basher

MMM

Dumb question- could you save yourself a boatload of trouble and use the Revellogram P-61 Black Widow booms? It's been rereleased, and seems to be relatively inexpensive... I was actually thinking of doing the three-engine version, when I saw this thread.
MMM- aka "M3", aka "Major Matt Mason"
Lawrence, KS

Eddie M.

QuoteDumb question- could you save yourself a boatload of trouble and use the Revellogram P-61 Black Widow booms? It's been rereleased, and seems to be relatively inexpensive... I was actually thinking of doing the three-engine version, when I saw this thread.
To understand why I do what I do is partly where I live. I live at least an hour in any direction of a decent LHS. The other reason is I am on a budget and have learned to do with what I've got on hand or can build myself. It's more of a challenge that way as well. The only models I buy for "reassignment" are the cheap revellograms from Walmart. Without deviation, they stock, Mustangs($9.00),B.A. Hornets, F-15s and recently a couple of Tomcats($11.00 respectively). The Tomcats will be straight up builds. The other reason I do this is to recycle some of my not so good builds from the past. Sometimes it's embarassing to keep looking at these ugly ducklings when I can turn them into strange yet interesting swans.  :P  :)

I sure would like to see your version of the Black Widow, so go ahead and do it. We would all love to see that one come to life!
  Eddie    
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here are tonight's mods. :) I used the P-51 wheels to make the new nose gear. ^_^  
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Whisper, hell, Eddie! This one's singin' out to you loud and clear! Love your mods, especially to that Mustang engine!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

QuoteSometimes it's embarassing to keep looking at these ugly ducklings when I can turn them into strange yet interesting swans.  :P  :)
UGLY!?!?!?!

They are worth 5 stars compared to what my best is!

Archibald

QuoteTo understand why I do what I do is partly where I live. I live at least an hour in any direction of a decent LHS. The other reason is I am on a budget and have learned to do with what I've got on hand or can build myself. It's more of a challenge that way as well. The only models I buy for "reassignment" are the cheap revellograms from Walmart. Without deviation, they stock, Mustangs($9.00),B.A. Hornets, F-15s and recently a couple of Tomcats($11.00 respectively). The Tomcats will be straight up builds. The other reason I do this is to recycle some of my not so good builds from the past. Sometimes it's embarassing to keep looking at these ugly ducklings when I can turn them into strange yet interesting swans. 

Wow! Eddy, we have REALLY the same problem (and solutions to it!)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.