Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

QuoteTo understand why I do what I do is partly where I live. I live at least an hour in any direction of a decent LHS. The other reason is I am on a budget and have learned to do with what I've got on hand or can build myself. It's more of a challenge that way as well. The only models I buy for "reassignment" are the cheap revellograms from Walmart. Without deviation, they stock, Mustangs($9.00),B.A. Hornets, F-15s and recently a couple of Tomcats($11.00 respectively). The Tomcats will be straight up builds. The other reason I do this is to recycle some of my not so good builds from the past. Sometimes it's embarassing to keep looking at these ugly ducklings when I can turn them into strange yet interesting swans. 

Wow! Eddy, we have REALLY the same problem (and solutions to it!)
Can we make a "dream team" -_-?
Will die without understanding this world.

Eddie M.

Can we make a "dream team" -_-?
What do you propose? :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Decision time again. Leave the wing tips squared or add a little from the Mustang wings. Suggestions?
 Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Oh YEEAAHHHH!!! Gotta go with those Mustang wingtips, Mr Miller!

I say use as many pieces of the P-51 on this build as you can get away with!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

Is it possible to use the P-51 canopy upside down as bombaimers window?

Eddie M.

QuoteIs it possible to use the P-51 canopy upside down as bombaimers window?
Unfortunately no. The reason I have this P-51 to work with is I had built a Mustang for my Uncle and the canopy on his got "lost", so I sacrificed the one off of mine.
As you can see, it was worth it for the better lookin' 'Stang ;)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

nev

Is the main mission high or low level?

High level = extended tips

low level = clipped tips
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

QuoteIs it possible to use the P-51 canopy upside down as bombaimers window?
Unfortunately no. The reason I have this P-51 to work with is I had built a Mustang for my Uncle and the canopy on his got "lost", so I sacrificed the one off of mine.
As you can see, it was worth it for the better lookin' 'Stang ;)
  Eddie
Aha, you did have the front windshield! You can place it in the nose as bombaimers window!

retro_seventies

there's always tip tanks.

on a bomber!!!

she's a real looker Eddie - every time that you start this process i find myself fascinated by watching you work.  :cheers:  :cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

Wow, blow me away already.  You're one of the bravest modelers I've ever seen.

I can supply another P-51D bubble canopy in with your Wulture shipment if you want.  Even if you accomodate an aperture for it at this point in your build, you can simply attach it later (B777's bombardier glazing idea is fantastic!)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteIs the main mission high or low level?

High level = extended tips

low level = clipped tips
Good point Nev. :) I envision this as a low level, precursor to the Warthog. Lots of guns in the nose and minimal bomb load, if any. Gotta save room for the ammo. ;) Short tips it is.
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

Shasper

Do I hear "Gunpacks" on the fwd fuselage like the later B-25s?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

SinUnNombre

I vote for the short wings ans echo retro's suggestion of tip tanks. They just always seem to get the job done. That's why my Mustang, Bronco, and Jug are all getting sets.

Jon

Eddie M.

QuoteI vote for the short wings ans echo retro's suggestion of tip tanks. They just always seem to get the job done. That's why my Mustang, Bronco, and Jug are all getting sets.

Jon
Well here's what it looks like with tip tanks.  :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

anthonyp

BOOO!  Wingtip droptanks!

HOOORAY!!  EXTENDED WINGTIPS!!!  (Eddie, Eddie, Bombastic-Eddie!)

Model responsibly!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man