Twin boom pusher B-25

Started by Eddie M., November 03, 2006, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Think Tovaritch Antoly has had too much of the Motherlands finest.

Za Rodina!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

SinUnNombre

I dunno. Those Starfighter tanks looks too streamlined. Do you have anything shorter and bigger around? Like a couple centerline tanks from the Blue Angels Hornet? Just a thought.

Jon

B777LR

Tis screamin` for extended wings an tip tanks, and dont forget spats  and T-tail(or will it be H-tail?)

retro_seventies

total boner for tiptanks...

jon has a point though - if you have anything a little less slippery thay might work a little better, but if not, those will do just FINE!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

Agree on the tip tanks looking just a little too sleek for the era/type.
How 'bout T-33 tip tanks?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

wolfik

hi
I agree with John...
how about the mentioned tanks or....Lockheed ´s type? 150gal P-47 tanks?
your kit...your rules  :cheers:  

Eddie M.

After sitting back and thinking about it, I've made the decision to put the tank issue on the back burner for now. I'm sitting here making this more complicated than I wanted. It time to see if i can get the main pieces together in a coherent manner before I deal with all the other subterfuge( did I really just use that word in a sentence? ;)  :lol: )
     Eddie
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Love the tip tanks, Mr Miller!

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Sometimes it like trying to put a broken glass back together. As you can see, I only had the corners to fabricate the bottom where I added a HUGE fishing weight to make sure this thing sat right. I also addressed the booms being too square. I cut some of the B-24 fuselage on the bottom to get these pieces. It gives the booms a subtle curve at the top. First round of PSR is done on the fuselage. I tell ya, making an open pit fire in the backyard and roasting hot dogs and marshmellows with the family really helps production. ;)  :P  B)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Mr Miller.....

Any chance that your latest Frankensteinian project my appear in Vietnam era Air Commando markings, I appreciate that I'm leaping a good way ahead here, but c'mon, it would look soooooo right, wouldn't it  ;)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

QuoteMr Miller.....

Any chance that your latest Frankensteinian project my appear in Vietnam era Air Commando markings, I appreciate that I'm leaping a good way ahead here, but c'mon, it would look soooooo right, wouldn't it  ;)

Ian
That sounds like a reasonable assumption given the mods I'm making to this beast. ;)  B)

On another note, the styrene fates demanded a blood sacrifice to ensure the satisifactory completion of this model. Unfortunately, I wasn't informed until it was demanded. I stuck myself good with my brand new #11 xacto blade.  :ph34r: <_<  :angry: Now I'm slightly hobbled. Oh well, I must move forward in a smart fashion. Take a look if you dare. WARNING: GRAPHIC!
   Eddie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...25/HPIM0047.jpg
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Ouch! Mr Miller, with a blood sacrifice of that magnitude, the Styrene Gods will be satisfied well into 2010.

Thanks for the update on this project! I;m really enjoying watching it all come together.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Is that ever bizarre: I stabbed myself yesterday with a #11 as well!
Got a tiny sliver and was using the big illuminated magnifying lense on my modelling bench.  As soon as I had done a nice job of extracting the sliver, I seemed to forget just how distorted the view was and stuck my smallest finger under the magnifying head.   :(

Not nearly as much blood as yours though.   :o

And mine, of course, is somewhat green.    ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

I put the major parts together to get a feel of what it's gonna look like and it doesn't look too bad, if I may say so myself. -_-
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Sisko

Hey Eddie know what you mean about sticking myself with blades.

Lookin the goods so far.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!