J

Carreidas C-160

Started by JC Carbonel, November 05, 2006, 01:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Carbonel

Yes the Viggen  looks feasible ... I did not bother in my model because  had trouble regarding the undersurface . I made a mistake with the F-111 by not moving out the pivots. But I wanted to keep the structural integrity of the F-111 kit and just graft it to the already a bit weak from stretching Falcon fuselage . When (if) I do the 1/48 version I will cut the F-111 pivot section in two parts ...and build the undercarriage into it !!

JCC

Archibald

Hmm I'm actually running out of cash  :huh: and my priority is the mega mirage, for which I need Heller Mirage IV.

But I'm really tempted by the Carreidas after that... really!!!!

First I have to buy this Mach2 kit of the Guardian.

something interesting with it is the engine: there's two options, and four engines.

The military turbofans are particularly interesting : they are mounted in big pylons, which left a space perfect for the intakes of the tail engine.

Making the tail engine exhaust would not be too difficult : I plan to cut the tail cone.
Rising the horizontal surfaces to obtain a T-tail is easy... most difficult things are really the VG wings and nose (I've got a plan for the nose).

concerning the Viggen undercarriage I've to ask it quickly, I don't know if Heller could survive after January 2007 (and the decision over its industrial activity  :( )

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Jennings

I think you're trying to talk to me, but I don't understand a word you're saying.  Huh?  C-160 (Transall?).  Carreidas?  Huh?  Bizjet?  Huh?

I'm confused..

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Archibald

Héhéhé!!
Look at that
http://membres.lycos.fr/wings2/tintin/714/714_2.jpg

http://www.tintin.free.fr/aventures/714/ava.jpg

You've never heard of Tintin ?
Vol 714 pour Sidney is one of the last adventure of the famous reporter, dating back from 1968.

Tintin and its fellows land at Djakarta, on the way to Sidney for an astronautic congress (don't forget that Tintin was the first man on the moon in 1950  ;) ).
At the airport they met a kind of Howard Hughes (Lazlo Carreidas) and the guy propose them to achieve their trip on its supersonic bizjet, the Carreidas 160. This is a 3-engine, VG-wing bizjet.
The jet take off from Jakarta, but is hijacked by the pilots and land on an island. Of course, the terrorists want Carreidas fortune... but things take a twist... mysterious signs, UFOs...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.