F404 engine on the F-117 and A-4...

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, November 06, 2006, 07:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello everybody!!

As some of you may know, I'm preparing to build a modernised Super Etendard for Brazilian Navy (just need the roundells  :wacko: !!)...

I already start to write the backstory in this topic.
I want to be as realistic as possible for the weight, payload, fuel consumption, range etc... of this plane. For me, it's as important as the model itself!!

But for that, I need some informations on the F404 engines, particulary its variant without afterburner!!!
Indeed, my Super Etendard will be re-engined in the same way of the A-4AR in Argentina...

I thought about M88 engine for the moment, or maybe a F404...
But for that, I need to know some information on the F404 in its dry variant (for F-117 and A-4 I think), or even of a possible EJ200 or M88 dry variant if you have:

-What is its weight??
(For the moment, I have the size/weight of the F404-GE-402, the F414, the M88, the EJ200, ATAR, RM12 etc... but nothing about the size and weight of the F404-100D of the Super Skyhawk)

-What is its thrust and specific consumption??
(I have the full military power (dry) consumption (in kg/(daN.h) ) and thrust of the F414, M88, EJ200 etc etc..., all the engine but the F404!!! )

Well, whatever you have ;)
But the most important thing is the weight ;)

Oh yes!! Another question!!
I supposed that the weight of the F404-100D is much lower than the J52 weight, right? (For the Super Etendard, the dry ATAR even has a bigger weight than the AB M88!!)
How the engineer succeed in puting the F404 into the A-4 without modificate the gravity and stability of the entire plane?? By the adjonction of more weight on the rear part of the fuselage? (fuel, ECM ??)
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Scooterman

For the motor, look no farther than GEs website!

GE

PolluxDeltaSeven

"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Jennings

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974