T

My stash is getting smaller!

Started by The Wooksta!, November 06, 2006, 03:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

As a counterpoint to all the bragging about what you've managed to acquire, I thought it might be a good idea to show how you've managed to downsize your stashes, be it donations, selling to club members, disposal to gullible yet rich idiots on ebay, etc, etc.

Today, I flogged off a Revell 144th Concorde and 72nd Shackleton, plus an Airfix 144th Comet airliner.

The loft is less three boxes (two largish) and my pocket bulging with several notes.

Lazlo Woodbine

:ph34r:

Whereas my loft now has three new boxes in it.

:cheers:  
"Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing four-four f&*$£*^g two"

Mike Bassett

Leigh

My youngest daughter started on one of my kits yesterday does that count?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Shasper

Havent y'all heard of Ebay?  ;)  :lol:

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

How about a kit from the stash that I build, but then give away the finished kit?  I assume this would fall into the stash reduction category?  If so, the the Jeep I'm slowly working on for my Father in Law would count.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

QuoteIf it means there's one less kit in your collection - yes.  Donation to siblings/offsprings does count and only the most pedantic and churlish of individuals would argue.
You called ?  :P  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Why should i get rid of my stash? Oh and, i will wilingly take more kits if anyone is desperate to get rid of them :P  

nev

At some point I'm going to build every kit in my stash.

No, really!!

Honestly!  Look, stop laughing will you all?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

well im curently holding , pending compleation of sale.
Heller  E-3 to Lazlo Woodbine
Matchbox Lancaster to The Wooksta
and an Airfix Buccaneer to Lancer.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

John Howling Mouse

Am today finally getting to the Post Office to mail out prizes to all the participants of the Vac-Form Group Build.  But that serves only to make room for a handful of new kits!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mossie

I've got a kit going to Mike Wren for the Secret Santa, & a kit & two books that I offered for prizes in a charity raffle on another forum.

The books are both small & light & are going within the UK, so no problem there.  Trouble is, the kit, a Revell 1/32 F-16 in a ruddy great box, wheres that going I hear you ask?  Cyprus!!!!!  Just my bloody luck, postage'll cost me a fortune!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

QuoteI've got a kit going to Mike Wren for the Secret Santa, & a kit & two books that I offered for prizes in a charity raffle on another forum.

The books are both small & light & are going within the UK, so no problem there.  Trouble is, the kit, a Revell 1/32 F-16 in a ruddy great box, wheres that going I hear you ask?  Cyprus!!!!!  Just my bloody luck, postage'll cost me a fortune!
You'd be better off buying an airline ticket and taking it over yourself... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Joe C-P

I have vowed to start on every model in my stash.

As for finishing them, well...  :rolleyes:  :dum:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.