747 and Valkyrie...

Started by Archibald, November 07, 2006, 07:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

some questions about this two
- was (or is) there a kit of the boeing 747 in 1/72 scale ?
- For the Valkyrie, I already know the existence of the ERTL kit. Is it still available ? if not, is it difficult to find ?
Thanks in advance...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

I know theres a 1/72 vacuform 747-100 and 747-300 available, with conversion sets for a -200, -400F and passenger, and shuttle carrier. ill go look for it.

Edit: Its "aircraft in miniature", and its part of their "transport wings series" who made it, but their website has gone down. They also did 1/72 737-300, 767-200, A-310/CC-150 polaris, 727-200, DC-10, MD-80, DC-8, DC-10, KC-10 conversion kit, Tupolev-116/95, Short mayo composite, D.H. Comet, Nimrod conversion set, concorde, DC-9, E-4B airborne comand post and much more...

kitnut617

Hi Archibald,

try here, kinda expensive though.  They also have a couple of Contrail vacuforms of it too.  

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?deta...earchtext=XB-70

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Archibald

Thanks guys! As you now, there's a Heller KC-135FR available, I thought it could be cool grafting the boom on a 747 (or on the various airliners you described, B777LR. Ater all if they exist in 1/72 scale, why not trying too ?)

All of this come from the bombcorde... ^_^  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

Sorry, but the KC-747 isnt what-if

Shasper

But only for the IRIAF....

Shas (who's got one cooked up for the RAAF.....) B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Archibald

I know that Mr Boeing-san!
Hell, the IRIAF had the only 747 tanker, and the only 747 with a fuel receptacle  :wacko:  :blink:  

Jennings

QuoteI know that Mr Boeing-san!
Hell, the IRIAF had the only 747 tanker, and the only 747 with a fuel receptacle  :wacko:  :blink:
Except for the two VC-25As and the three E-4Bs, that is :)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Jennings

QuoteThanks guys! As you now, there's a Heller KC-135FR available, I thought it could be cool grafting the boom on a 747 (or on the various airliners you described, B777LR. Ater all if they exist in 1/72 scale, why not trying too ?)

The boom that will undoubtedly be used on the 777 tanker (which goddamned well better be the KC-42A, not the KC-777) is the advanced boom from the KC-10, or possibly a totally new boom.

Interestingly, the USAF has *no* (and that means ZERO) spare KC-135 booms anywhere.  Apparently even parts for the booms are in very short supply.  

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

jcf

QuoteThanks guys! As you now, there's a Heller KC-135FR available, I thought it could be cool grafting the boom on a 747 (or on the various airliners you described, B777LR. Ater all if they exist in 1/72 scale, why not trying too ?)

The boom that will undoubtedly be used on the 777 tanker (which goddamned well better be the KC-42A, not the KC-777) is the advanced boom from the KC-10, or possibly a totally new boom.

Interestingly, the USAF has *no* (and that means ZERO) spare KC-135 booms anywhere.  Apparently even parts for the booms are in very short supply.  

J
New fifth-generation fly-by-wire boom as used on the Italian 767 tanker.

Tanker story in the November Frontiers:
Fill'er up.

and for the rest of Frontiers:
Frontiers Online

Cheers, Jon

B777LR

Archie, youd be better up using the Hasegawa 1/200 KC10s, and adding boom to 1/200 kits ;)  

Archibald

Thanks for the comment, Wooksta! That's really what  wanted to confirm : it seemed the ERTL kit was really difficult to build...  

GTX

QuoteShas (who's got one cooked up for the RAAF.....)

Have you been reading Carlo Kopp again?  See here (look at some of his Articles).

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Shasper

Yes I have, I've based my thoughts on a beefed-up RAAF tanker force in my Flashpoint: Sarekate (an Indonesian civil war scenaro) off of his stuff. Besides a KC-747, I've got plans for a tanker version of the A340 (something I've had in mind for almost 4 years now.)

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

mrdj