REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY

Started by Radish, November 14, 2006, 03:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

QuoteAnd chaps, most of the UK members will be "off-line" of course over the next 3 days as we're having the TIME OF OUR LIVES!!!
thats it Terry  rub it in why dont you LOL. But VERY true.

Hobbis is enroute as we speak. he's night stopping in Calais tonight then a quick trip down the drain under the moat and its Telford here he comes!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

i now have the

TWIGLETS

so let the fun commence.  :D

Keeper of George the Cat.

nev

I think I left my superglue behind.

Telford wouldn't be Telford without me forgetting some modelling equipment....  :dum:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

We used the superglue on Nick's shoes.....he'll be stuck still in Hall 1.
Only joking.
A great weekend chaps.

Midi said, "Can we go somewhere where I don't get asked what it's like living with an idiot?"
Suggestions?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

sounds like mission imposible there Terry.  :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Alvis. Your item for the show turned up this morning (the monday after the show). looking at the paper work done by the Uk carrier it only arrived in the UK on Friday. Its then taken them the best part of 3 days to ship it from their deport in Coventry the 45 miles to my place lol. It missed Telford, but it will do the rounds of the UK shows. Its first will be Bolton in January.
Unfortunately,

Hobbes

After another day of alternately being stuck in traffic and going pedal-to-the-metal in an effort to make up lost time, I'm home again.  :dum: Really enjoyed the show, picked up some goodies. It was good to see the gang again.

Aircav

Glad you got back ok, now when do we get some more of those great biscuit thingies  :D  :D  :D  :D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Great to meet you, Hobbes.
Fantastic....what biscuits? :blink:  

Martin H

dont tell me you missed out terry?
Unfortunately,

Leigh

Could someone please explain to me how Telford works? You guys are all sitting at tables with your models, are these all club and SIG stands? Are your models entered in any competitions? Are the bulk of the models on display there on these kind of stands with the builders manning them, ready to answer questions or are most of them in a competition room or summat?

I'm asking
a. because I'm jealous looks like a great time for all and.....
b As I'm starting to gear up for next years nationals out here I was hoping it would be sumat like the pics I see of Telford.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Radish

By far the majority of Telford SMW is made up of stands manned by SIGs and Branches. These all feature displays of models with members behind willing to chat.

The competition area, although large, is only a tiny part of the whole.

The venue is very large....around and within each hall are traders stalls too, mixed in with the modelling/model displays.

The Competition is at the end of a third hall, which also has a few displays and a large seating area for refreshments at exhorbitant prices. The tea was crap, the hot chocolate less so even at £1.60 for a cardboard cup. £2 for a small plate of chips is diabolical. sellers market, though. No need to buy if you plan ahead.

There are around 70 odd seperate Branches....gods know how many SIGs....most, but not all, have a display.

It's a bonzer time.
It's talkining and seeing the chaps though that really "makes" it. :party:  :party:  

nev

QuoteGreat to meet you, Hobbes.
Fantastic....what biscuits? :blink:
Hobbes brought some Dutch Lembas Bread.  Each one was so heavy I was convinced they had an Osmium disc inside them, and I reckoned they about about 17,000 calories each :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

But Hobbes is so thin!!!
Perhaps he has a calorie by-pass system?

Thought Steve and Lance looked trim.
Narses looked (as usual) like he's just come from a night ravishing at the Blue Boar in Sherwood Forest! :lol:  

Hobbes

I was going to answer that, but I like Nev's explanation better. If you really want to know, accost me next time we meet. I'll make sure to bring some.  

NARSES2

QuoteWoof-woof!

I've got the squeaky chicken ;)
Except it's a duck  :lol:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.