Airfix Hudson

Started by jonesthetank, November 14, 2006, 12:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesthetank

Chaps,

I hope this is a simple question, and after deliberating where it should properly go on the forum, decided to plonk it here.

The latest re-release of the Airfix Hudson supposedly features RNZAF markings, which is one of my favourite modelling subjects.  However I opted to buy the new Italeri kit instead (I already have 2 Airfix Hudsons stashed), but am left wondering what colour scheme and roundels the Airfix kit featured for the RNZAF aircraft.

Did anyone buy the latest Airfix version, and could they tell me what the RNZAF scheme was?  Better still could anyone scan me the painting instructions for the RNZAF aircraft?

Many thanks

Mark

jcf

No direct info on the Airfix markings, but...
According to this page:
RNZAF Hudson serials
the RNZAF used the Hudson Mk III, IIIA,V,VI. The Mk.IIIs were originally ordered by the Brits.

Info from this site:
NZ Serials

Cheers, Jon

K5054NZ

QuoteRNZAF markings, which is one of my favourite modelling subjects
[SINGING] God of nations, at thy feeeeeeet! In the bonds of love we meeeeeeeeeet![/SINGING]

Mark you're a legend! Many best wishes and hopes for the future to you! You are a glorious person and a real tribute to the human race!

KIWI KIWI KII-WII!

NARSES2

Sorry can't help with the question, but it's in the right place

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.