What if more Viggens were exported

Started by GTX, November 16, 2006, 12:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swedish Mick

QuoteAs far as I've been able to find, the 37E Eurofighter was much the same as the standard Viggen of the time.  I'm sure there were other mods but I haven't been able to find any details, have you?
Mainly, it was a standard Fighter Viggen. The only thing I know about, was the puls-doppler radar Ericsson PS-46A, able to work without help from the ground.
A bit more info at Viggen's Corner http://hem.passagen.se/weasle/eng_export.html
Modellbygge iFokus
http://modellbygge.ifokus.se

GTX

Hi folks,

I've been thinking of some other potential Viggen operators (many of which may have been attracted by the short field capability):

Israel - would look cool in the Kfir colours with bright day-glo triangles on fin etc.

Singapore - also another Air Force who practices road operations;

Poland - yes, they too operate from roads if need be (maybe in this scenario, they purchase some second hand Viggens right after the Berlin Wall comes down);

Taiwan;

New Zealand - hey if the RAAF can have some, why not the RNZAF?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Swedish Mick

How about some Viggens to Palestine?  :unsure:
And what about the Independent Tazmanian Republic? [Guess who's at the roundels?!]  :P  
Modellbygge iFokus

Archibald

QuoteNew Zealand - hey if the RAAF can have some, why not the RNZAF?
Kiwi Viggen ? something for Zac!!!  ;)

And yes, an Israeli Viggen would look terrific in their three-tone camo  :wub:

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Son of Damian

QuoteMind you, having a Viggen operate off a dirt strip somewhere in the outback would be cool to see (maybe in the cool caribou orange style paint scheme - hint, hint  ), though it would probably need some mods to protect from dust/stones.

Your reading my mind!!! :huh:

A quick mist of the road with some water would prevent alot of dirt being sucked into the engine.
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

GTX

QuoteA quick mist of the road with some water

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

You don't know what the Aussie outback is like do you - water wouldn't be wasted like that!  Better to either use a paved highway and add some stone guards to the aircraft.  Mind you if that's what is needed to see a Viggen in that colour scheme, then so be it.

Regards,

Greg

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

QuoteAnd what about the Independent Tazmanian Republic? [Guess who's at the roundels?!]  :P
Since a tazmanian woman has become princess in denmark, i suggest the danish roundel will form basis for the tazmanian roundel! Red circle containing white animal?

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Archibald

Those profiles are simply amazing!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

GTX

Blackops,

Damn, the Israeli and Polish Viggens look great!  I never imagined they would come out looking so good - you have done some very impressive work there.  Of course, now I might have to look at buying some more Viggen kits :lol: .

Regards,

Greg

Swedish Mick

QuoteAnd what about the Independent Tazmanian Republic? [Guess who's at the roundels?!]  :P
Since a tazmanian woman has become princess in denmark, i suggest the danish roundel will form basis for the tazmanian roundel! Red circle containing white animal?
:cheers:  
Modellbygge iFokus

GTX

QuoteSince a tazmanian woman has become princess in denmark, i suggest the danish roundel will form basis for the tazmanian roundel! Red circle containing white animal?

How about a Tasmanian Devil:

or

Regards,

Greg

ChuckAnderson

Hi Everyone!

I think that some other export customers for the Viggen could be:

(1) People's Republic of China
Possibly License-built
Chinese Air Force
Chinese Navy

(2) Mongolia
Mongolian Air Force

(3) Cuba
Cuban Air Force

(4) Eire
Irish Air Corps

(5) Kenya
Kenyan Air Force
Kenya obtains Viggens due to increasing tensions in East Africa, becoming increasingly concerned with events in Sudan and Somalia.

Chuck

Riksbar

The Polish Viggens nearly happened. When they were offered Gripen in the mid-90's they were also offered a lease of Viggens as an interim.   Boringly they went for F-16.  :(  
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."