B-52 and Tu-95 exchange their wings...

Started by Archibald, November 17, 2006, 01:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

Hmm at the shop are 1/72 scale B-52 and Tu-95 (Trumpeter / Italeri).
Crazy idea : whatif they exchanged their wings  ?
Turboprop B-52, jet powered Tu-95... what do you think about that ? (not intend to build that, just- a thought :) )  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

Ive proposed this idea long time ago, but no one likes/liked it :(

But i do :)  and i am glad you like the idea as well!

Jennings

QuoteHmm at the shop are 1/72 scale B-52 and Tu-95 (Trumpeter / Italeri).
Crazy idea : whatif they exchanged their wings  ?
Turboprop B-52, jet powered Tu-95... what do you think about that ? (not intend to build that, just- a thought :) )
You'd basically have one of the early design studies that led up to the XB-52, only with NK-12 engines. :)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

marek

I think jet engines on Tu-95 will hang to low. It could cause the risk of sucking debris from the runway.

B777LR

QuoteI think jet engines on Tu-95 will hang to low. It could cause the risk of sucking debris from the runway.
Its what-if, and in archies what-if world, all runways and taxiways are cleared of debris :D  :P

:party:
:cheers:  

Ollie

Put the engines above the wings and benefit from the Coanda effect.

Archibald

Now that would be something... a Tu-95 with B-52 wings turned upside down :)
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Captain Canada

It's a cool idea, way better than the one 777 had.......

:P

But it might be an expensive proposition in that scale !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Archibald

Alvis 3.1

Well, I for one DO like the idea of a turboprop BUFF. Why not wait until the Trumpeter 1/144 scale Tu comes out, it HAS to be less expensive than the  1/72 one...

Alvis 3.1

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

B777LR

From looking at photos, i dont think engines of B-52 would hang too low. I they do, just cut off some of the pylon, or add the B-52 engines to the Tu- 95 wing.

Archibald

Good idea, Mr Boeing-san! Not too difficult to cut the pylons...
MAin question is about the wing roots... are they very different in dimensions ?  :unsure:  

upnorth

QuoteWell, I for one DO like the idea of a turboprop BUFF. Why not wait until the Trumpeter 1/144 scale Tu comes out, it HAS to be less expensive than the  1/72 one...

Alvis 3.1
The Trumpeter 1/144 Bear hit the shelves here a couple of weeks ago and sells for almost 1000 Czech Koruny. It ain't that much cheaper than their 1/72 Bear at that price. :angry:

For reference, there are approximately 20 Czech Koruny in one Canadian Dollar.

Not to hijack, but for those Canadians who love a good beer, in most Czech pubs you can get a half litre glass of prime Czech draft for around 18 to 20 Koruny. That is unless you go to Prague with their inflated prices on everything.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

B777LR

QuoteGood idea, Mr Boeing-san! Not too difficult to cut the pylons...
MAin question is about the wing roots... are they very different in dimensions ?  :unsure:
Hmmm, the B-52 roots fair over the top fuelage of the B-52, so these can be added like that onto Tu-95. Tu-95 roots are attached mid fuselage on a circular fuselage, so its a bit harder. trim the roots to they are flat, and use putty.