A&V's model of the AW.52

Started by kitnut617, November 17, 2006, 06:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Hi,

My model of the AW.52 arrived in the mail yesterday, it certainly is a big model even for 1/72 scale.  Has anyone made this model that can tell me if there is anything to look out for?  Is it a tail sitter?  And if it is, where do you put any ballast as it is a solid resin kit?

Studying it a bit last night I'm left wondering if they ever realized the benifits of having the rudders on the wingtips like they do, considering how prevailent wingtip winglets are these days.  Or did they ever get to that stage in the development?

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

QuoteHi,

My model of the AW.52 arrived in the mail yesterday, it certainly is a big model even for 1/72 scale.  Has anyone made this model that can tell me if there is anything to look out for?  Is it a tail sitter?  And if it is, where do you put any ballast as it is a solid resin kit?

Studying it a bit last night I'm left wondering if they ever realized the benifits of having the rudders on the wingtips like they do, considering how prevailent wingtip winglets are these days.  Or did they ever get to that stage in the development?

I've built her and she comes out really well, not much to watch out for at all. She sits fairly well on her own.

Mines done as a PR bird

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Thanks Chris,  this might just get built very soon, at least the first when we get moved into our new house.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike