What did Secret Santa send you?

Started by nev, November 19, 2006, 12:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

So, Telford has been and gone, the giant kit-swap has well and truly begun.

NARSES2 gave me a Hasegawa 1/72 TBM-3E Night Avenger.

Still scratching my head for possibilities.  Brazilian Navy 15 years earlier than OTL as part of Chris's Central/South American AH?  Israeli?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

My Secret Santa (thanks gooberliberation!) sent me a 1/72 Academy F-15C Eagle! I opened the box and am way impressed with this kit! It looks so nice on the sprues I'm almost afraid to mangle it. I am actually (horrors!) contemplating building it relatively "straight" with only a change to the paintjob and markings.

This is gonna be one fun GB!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

Stu the Sisko Kid sent me Italeri's GORGEOUS RB-66E Destroyer. Boy I had a fun lunchbreak at work floating ideas for this foxy li'l number......BRING ON THE GB!!!

I'll be fulfilling my end of the bargain this week.

lancer

Got my Secret Santa from F32, a Revell Martin B26. Already got some ideas for it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

gooberliberation

Mr Chap sent me a Tamiya M6A Seiran. Looks like a beautiful kit as is, but I shall do my best to make it completely unrecognisable. Could use a couple more engines and mabye some landing gear... ;)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Gary

I got a huge F-106 and it's amazing! Loads of detail and I wanna build her right outta the box, it's that nice.

And what's more, I finally have a box to send Cappy his pressy.

Hmmm, now where did I put that T-tail?
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

I've been waiting for a good ___ to go across the _____ to get something for the ___ that I'm going to send to _____.

:dum:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

I'm just scared at the thought of what BdB's gonna do with a modern jet :wacko:
Without a spinner how's he gonna know which end is the front :lol:
And maybe someones gonna have to guide him through the retractable undercarraige principle so he knows which way up it sits ;)  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

B777LR

QuoteI'm just scared at the thought of what BdB's gonna do with a modern jet :wacko:
Without a spinner how's he gonna know which end is the front :lol:
And maybe someones gonna have to guide him through the retractable undercarraige principle so he knows which way up it sits ;)
Dont forget the spats.....

Amphion

Are we supposed to know this? I mean its not Christmas eve yet, not even the 24 of november!!

Well I[/u] for one, Haven't opened My gift yet  :angry:

Allthough I have foundled it a bit and applied some mild vodoo on it, so I kinda have a feeling that SimonR sent me a Hasegawa SV-51r "Macross Zero".  :ph34r:

IF that's the case, I have no idea what to do with it  :P  
Amphion

nev

QuoteAre we supposed to know this? I mean its not Christmas eve yet, not even the 24 of november!!

Well I[/u] for one, Haven't opened My gift yet  :angry:
Think of it as like trying to find where you parents have hid your pressies :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

MMM

I got a Lindberg XB-70, some missiles, and some decals from BDB. I'm currently thinking about going the "Gerry Anderson" route (take the kit parts, add some bulges and drop tanks, and reverse anything you can- up dihedral becomes down, swept-back becomes FS, etc.), changing the intakes, painting her green, and creating the Soviet Tu-122 "Buxom" intercontinential supersonic bomber. (Of course, the "Buxom" was obviously back-engineered from the "Valkyrie".)
MMM- aka "M3", aka "Major Matt Mason"
Lawrence, KS

SimonR

I had to LOL when I opened mine from Amphion. A very nice Revell 1/292 USS Burton Island - it's an icebreaker apparently.

Got a few ideas for it...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

SinUnNombre

Leigh, I keep trying to send yours out, but I keep getting hung up. I'm hoping to be able to get it to you before the building starts, but right now I'm just...arg..you know? Plus it doesn't help that I'm completely flat-donkey broke.

Jon

Mossie

I got a nice Revell 1/48 FW Ta 154 Moskito from The Wooksta!.  Oob it'd look good next to the Tamiya DH Mossie I've got in the loft, might get another some time.

What to do with it?  Hmmm, mostly thinking about a tandem wing jobbie at the mo, I'll see what else I can think up.  Orinthopter maybe?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.