What did Secret Santa send you?

Started by nev, November 19, 2006, 12:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Got home from work tonight and a package was waiting for me.

Markm70 sent me the Tamiya F4D-1 Skyray in 72nd. Thanks.

First thought was to put different wings on the fuselage like those 106 drawings.  Then I opened the box... OK, need a different idea. <_<

Well, I am much better at doing different markings anyway. :D

So...
Blue Angels
Argentine Navy
RN (oh, Ian already did that one)
RCN
Aussie
NZ

Any other ideas?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Brian da Basher

Well Matrixone would suggest Kreigsmarine. Alexander Lippisch does something a little more mainstream perhaps? ;)

Captured Soviet/N. Korean/Chinese/N. Vietnamese markings?

I really think Blue Angels is a winner though.

Brian da Basher

nev

I think Gary already did the Blue Angels one  ;)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Leigh

Any other ideas?
Well if Royal Navy EDSG over white is the black mini dress of markings, sleek, slimming and dead sexy on anything........... then...........
Israeli Camo is the Hot pants and boob tube :lol:  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

anthonyp

From Greg (aka, cthulu77), I got a 1/72 Hasegawa AV-8B.  I already have ideas with what's going to be done to this unfortunate model   :lol:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Mike Wren

I've gor an Airfix 1/48 Apache from Mossie that will probably be turned into something 1/72...

Gary

QuoteI think Gary already did the Blue Angels one  ;)
Nope, I did a Jennings inspired 72 scale RN one.

Cool idea though!
Getting back into modeling

markm70

QuoteI think Gary already did the Blue Angels one  ;)
I also have done one too!  Just a great plane that should have been.

Markm70

anthonyp

I... got mail... on a Sunday...  And in it was my Secret Santa kit from Jon!

He sent me a Trumpeter 1/72 F-107A Ultra Sabre kit!  Like my other SS kit, I already know how I'm going to do this one up!!

I'm still confused by that mail on Sunday thing, though...
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

nev

QuoteI'm still confused by that mail on Sunday thing, though...
Its a right-wing reactionary newspaper full of doom and gloom stories about how the country is going to hell in a handbasket.  

Oh, and that a house price crash is imminent  ;)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

QuoteI'm still confused by that mail on Sunday thing, though...
Its a right-wing reactionary newspaper full of doom and gloom stories about how the country is going to hell in a handbasket.  

Oh, and that a house price crash is imminent  ;)
you forgot to mention Princess Diana conspiracies  :ph34r:  

Aircav

I got a very nice 1/35 Tamiya MUTT jeep from Nev, I've already got an idea as to how it'll look  ;)  :lol:  :lol:
Many Thanks and all the best
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

cthulhu77

Holy cr*p, AnthonyP !  My wife is going to kill you the first time she sets eyes on ya!  I started chuckling evilly as soon as I unboxed the Stingbat and accompanying mini-eagle...yikes.  After five minutes (just returned from the post) she is already sighing heavily as I start spouting off information about Peregrine battlemech helicopters!

Clan Jade Falcon, anyone?

Captain Canada

From the wild and whacky East Coast of Canada arrived a big box of goodies via Gary !

A Noratlas, and a bunch of associated 'junk'. Decals, fuel tanks, tails, wings, wheels, burner cans, a Skyray, a Sabre, an F-5.......wholly macaroni, I think he wants me to build some kind of Frunkensteen Monster !

Also, as my Chrimbo prezzie...he sent me a good Greif ! Now, what to build it as ?

Thansk, Gary ! You rule !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?