What did Secret Santa send you?

Started by nev, November 19, 2006, 12:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

QuoteHave you all noticed that Barry's wife has her mid-section built to the "area rule" principle? :lol:
She prefers the term "feline" but I agree.   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

QuoteAAAARRRGH!!! MY EYES!!!
Lana heartily agrees! :lol:  :lol:  

viper29_ca

Picked up my SS kit from the mailbox yesturday, from our astute Captain Canada.

Now what to do with a Dragon 1/35 BMP1??????

Canadian Armed Forces actually contemplated purchasing a slew of CIS equipment, the BMP being in that group (although probably the BMP 2, but wouldn't be that hard of a change), so I could just slap some Canadian markings on it.

However I have a few ideas.....

1. (and the most complex), turn it into an MMEV (Multi-Mission Effects Vehicle), turret would be re-worked to house A2A, and A2G missiles, as well as MGs and Rocket pods, similar to that which the CF is testing out on the LAVIII chassis.

2. Change out the 73mm gun for a more modern 25-30mm chaingun, re-work the rear of the chassis to house vertically launched AT missiles.

3. Delete the conventional turret, for a telescoping Quad TOW Box Launcher, similar to what GM Defence designed.

All in all, which ever it ends up being, it will of course have Canadian markings.

Thanks Captain Canada!!!!!
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

nev

A diorama of it rolling through a devastated West German town...?  :tank:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Yer welcome !

I like the CDN idea, for sure.....and any of the choices you laid out sound good. I think I like the chain gun idea best.

Have fun !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Chap

Leigh sent me an absolutely beautiful Academy Seversky P-35A. Haven't a clue what to do with it, thinking Middle Eastern right now. Thanks Leigh! :cheers:

~Steve

NARSES2

How about doing it as an aircraft captured by the Japanese in the Philipines then passed on to either the Royal Siam AF or Manchko AF.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

QuoteHow about doing it as an aircraft captured by the Japanese in the Philipines then passed on to either the Royal Siam AF or Manchko AF.

Chris
That's a cracking idea there Chris. Steve, if you decide to go Manchukuo, I've got some decals that might work depending on the scale of that P-35. Just PM me if you're interested.

Brian da Basher

Chap

Thanks Chris, I hadn't thought of Siamese or Manchukuo. Fantastic idea! :cheers: I was contemplating either Finnish or Turkish.

Brian, it is 1/48th scale. Oh, and I am thinking about putting spats on it like the Hawk 75; a simplified export fighter version of the P-35.

~Steve

Brian da Basher

Steve,
    The Manchukuo markings I have should be a perfect fit for a 1/48 scale P-35. They're originally for a 1/72 twin-engine Ju-86 (Manchukuo Air Transport). PM me your address and I'll pop them in the mail to you if you're interested.

If you're thinking about adding spats, it would be my pleasure to help you with the markings.

Everything goes better with spats! :wub:

Brian da Basher

Nigel Bunker

Ask Narses2 (Chris) what Santa bought him.

Hehehe.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

NARSES2

They know Nigel - and after making the suitable offerings a scheme has been devised  :ph34r:

I still can't believe how bloody big it is ! :blink:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nigel Bunker

You'll just have to move to bigger premises.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils