M

My Focke Wulf 380!

Started by Mechworker, November 20, 2006, 07:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechworker

Hey all!

My latest creation has just been posted on our club's website.

If you like Zwillings, you should take a look.

FW 380

Please let me know what you think, and give any feedback you feel like! (I'll take both good and bad.)

Thanks!

Archibald

That's nice!!! albeit at first glance (to the post here) I thought you have made an airbus A380 in Luftwaffe markings  :wacko:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Radish

That's damned good.....love the armament idea!! :P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mechworker

LOL!

I can see  you would think that, but that's not my style.

The reason I chose 380 is that it's 2x190. See?  :)  

lancer

Very nice Mechworker. you've done a damm fine machine there.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

A TWIN! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

You HAVE to post this at the twin-tail thread!

matrixone

Mechworker,

Excellent model! :cheers:

Great idea for a Zwilling, were you aware that Kurt Tank considered a Ta 152 Zwilling? It was not an official RLM project and never got beyond some rough drawings but what a weapon that would have been! Ideal for shooting down B-36 bombers.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Great stuff, Mechworker! I particularly like the way our camo paintjob turned out. Incredibly believable! I'm sure this one would turn heads and earn you kudos at any show! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Brian da Basher

Sisko

What a great idea!

Very nicely done and quite plausible. I also love the back story.  B)  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Mechworker

Thanks, guys.

Just out of curiosity, where is the twin tail discussion?

B777LR

QuoteThanks, guys.

Just out of curiosity, where is the twin tail discussion?
Here:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...hp?showforum=20

Archibald

Tophe -one of the few frenchmen here with I Pollux Delta Seven and JC Carbonel- is the supreme emperor of Twin-tail / Zwilling aircrafts. He'll love your model (and found other ideas)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Mechworker

Same place he sits in the radar equipped Corsairs, single-seat night fighter 262s and radar equipped Fw 190s (see here for a drawing of the last in my list.

Don't forget, not every night fighter had a radar operator.

B777LR

QuoteSame place he sits in the radar equipped Corsairs,
Corsairs carried a radar operator!?!?!? :party:  :party:  :party:

:cheers:  

Mechworker

Of course they did!

There was a trained squirrel with a little screen in the radar pod!

Of course, for those not well trained in the art of sarcasm, I mean he sits in the same place - the pilot's seat!