What if idea

Started by ysi_maniac, November 21, 2006, 06:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

Here's what happen when a F-16 XL meet a F-22  :lol:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

And what does real F-16 U Block 60 look like?

ysi_maniac

QuoteAnd what does real F-16 U Block 60 look like?
You probably know it

http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item43547.html
Will die without understanding this world.

Jennings

Looks like the progeny of an F-16 that got lucky with a Rafale :)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

elmayerle

QuoteHere's what happen when a F-16 XL meet a F-22  :lol:
More truth that you think, the wing planform is the same as the F-22.  I knew some folk who worked on that program (boss has a large - 6' x 9' - picture of one in action on his office wall) and it was quite an impressive beastie.  Add in a JIST inlet and LOAN nozzle and you'd have quite a low-observables machine.

The production "F-16U", aka F-16E/F, has some major avionics upgrades over earlier models, including the internal FLIR installations.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

So its a F-16 with a F-22 wing ? Always loved the delta F-16s, they look much better than the standard, BORING model.
Hmm a F-16XL with conformal tanks  :wub: (Homer drool).  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

elmayerle

QuoteSo its a F-16 with a F-22 wing ? Always loved the delta F-16s, they look much better than the standard, BORING model.
Hmm a F-16XL with conformal tanks  :wub: (Homer drool).
Well, the planform's the same as the F-22wing, most of the details evolved to be rather different.  Still, I'm looking to model this one by mixing a YF-22 wing with a Mitsubishi F-2.  *chuckle* The challenge will be committing that underside shot in my boss' office to memory to get the stores points right, though I think some of the data that's shown up over on Secret Projects covers most of that.

For added character on thsi one, I intend to incorporate the LO inlet tested on the JIST testbed.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Hatchet

I always felt it was missing the canards :)

DSI and LOAN would be cool tho' :D

:cheers: