Now we have a decent 1/72 scale model...

Started by Archibald, November 22, 2006, 11:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

http://www.up-ship.com/apr/extras/serjx15.htm

At this link is presented a X-15 with an airbreathing engine (basically, a Ramjet + a fan for take off+ a rocket for going in space, all in the same engine).
There's some gorgeous X-15 derivatives to turn into plastic  :wub:

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

lenny100

looks a lot like a maned hotol aircraft, intresting build
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Archibald

HOTOL was to used a LACE system (in which the oxygen needed for the rocket motor is extracted from liquified air). This one is different...
This project, the X-24C and Aurora (if it existed one day...) form a lineage of hypersonic airbreathing  manned aircrafts projects (between mach 4 and mach 6)

It seems that after the rejection of the X-15b in favor of Dyna soar, X-15 floow on would have been hypersonic manned aircrafts.
First, the x-15 delta (still with the XLR-99 rocket) then a X-15 delta with an airbreathing engine and in the end, a two seat operational variant of the latter.

I'm a fan of spaceplanes in general (I made a complete website on the subject, but my error was to make it in french...)  :(
http://starmaks.populus.ch/

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

Hmm If I remember well, this pic come from a website on SSTOs full of interesting concepts... I think I can find it by browsing "Aerion SSTO" on Google... stay tunned :)

Archibald

As Homer would say... "stupid head!"  :dum: It was the HYPERION (aerion is the supersonic bizjet)
I can't find the exact website, but I've found two others (even more cool)

http://spaceanimation.com/rbcc.html

http://www.fusiononline.com/client_nasa_rbcc.htm

MMM

MMM- aka "M3", aka "Major Matt Mason"
Lawrence, KS

Archibald

I saw this!! I opened this thread thinking about your work :)
Do you plan other X-15s ?  

MMM

QuoteI saw this!! I opened this thread thinking about your work :)
Do you plan other X-15s ?
Yes- especially now that I've seen the streched version. For some reason, I've never liked the delta design- I might replace it with the wings from a Viggen, though. Now, where do I cut to stretch a 1/72 X-15...
MMM- aka "M3", aka "Major Matt Mason"
Lawrence, KS

Shasper

I'm working on a X-15 cranked-arrow m'self (havent cut styrene yet, still need another Revell kit for the fuseloge and droptanks!)

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

jcf

Are you referring to the MPM X-15 A-2 or the formerly Monogram now re-released by Revell X-15 A-2?

We still don't have a regular X-15 kit.

Cheers, Jon

Archibald

Hmm I think its the MPM kit! The one which has a F-104 on the boxart along with the landing X-15A-2...