Question from an old new guy

Started by Rafael, November 22, 2006, 04:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LIKE PICKLES!  :wub:

Seriously though welcome aboard! Can't wait to see some of your card models, I've built (or helped at least) a one or two Homeworld inspired card models and I have plans to do a destroyer from the series in plasticard one day...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Captain Canada

Welcome aboard, Rafael ! Glad to hear you've found a modeling 'home', and are going to get back into it ! And I'd like to take this opportunity to thank your country for taking one of the world's most boring aeroplanes and actually putting some cool paint on it...the F-16 !

I thought the rules concerning meat was that it had to be cooked ? Or pre-cooked. So Spam is in. And bacon. I'll take mine extra-crispy.......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

You are very wellcome.  :cheers:  :cheers:  :party:  :cheers:

I do want to see those card models :)  :)  
Will die without understanding this world.

nev

Welcome Rafael!  Please don't be offended if I keep calling you Rafale, its a popular word round here ;)

As for what mediums are allowed....virtually anything.  Obviously plastic is the most common, followed by resin, metal....yes, card as well.  If you search you may be able to find some by Captain Canada.  There are some incredible colour profiles done by various members as well as some artwork - paintings, drawings etc.  And not forgetting the written medium with all kinds of Alternate Histories proposed....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Welcome Rafael! Hows venezuela? (denmark is cold, wet and windy)

In case you need ideas for whiffing your stash, just ask us :rolleyes:

:cheers:  

Mossie

Hello Rafael!

I'd love to see some of your card models & any other media you use!  I've been thinking about wooden models for some time, but I've got too much in my stash!

There were some wonderful wooden models of British projects on the Research & Development SIG Stand at Telford & I got talking to Joe (I think, I'm terrible with names) & I realised I might just about be capable of something similar myself.

It's nice to have you here!

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rafael

Hey!, Hey!!, Heyyyy!!!!

Whoa!
I never thought a new arrival could unleash so wonderful a series of welcoming messages. I'm almost a a loss of words, but let me start by giving you a very very big and warm THANK YOU[/size].

I arrived home early from work, and, since the wife is away at hers, i just passed by to check up on messages, but this,...this is.... wow!!.

I only ask you to be patient while i get to know each of you, but meanwhile, i'd like to respond to your messages more or less in this way:

.- B777LR: Venezuela is a most fabulous country. Pititfully the actuality is marred by an unstable politikal (yes with k) situation that makes an otherwise happy people very sad and ideologically radicalized. But, politics aside (i think that's an issue not to be treated here), Venezuela has a range of Fabulous mountains because the great Andes start here, a huge flat land (called the llanos) wich is very beautiful, and a......(i don't have the words to describe it) stretch of more than 2.500 Km of coast where you can find your very personal paradise. I hope someday you can come and enjoy the wonders of this land. Ah!! and i forgot to mention the Amazonas an The Orinoco River (sail away) and good weather the whole year round. You'll never find people so warm like my countryfolk.

.-Nev, Rafale is a marvelous airplane and Rafale de vent is french for a wind gust. I like it. makes me feel freer. And i go by the shortened name RAFA.

.- Captain Canada, you must know that venezuela was the first country in Latin America to operate the F-16. A proud tradition of excellence in our small air force has kept the initial fleet of 24 examples flying with a very low attrition rate and a distinguished career. The pait Jobs were, um, pretty to say the least. Pitifully, again the politikal situation has put our govt. (not our people) against its former allies and the once proud fleet is decaying. But, in a twist of fate, Venezuela has ordered 30 (?) SU-30 MKs whose delivery supposedly starts next december, along with a group of MI-35 and MI-17 helicopters.

.- Damian2: Ok. i promise i will accompany my T-Bone with the pickle interceptor.

.- Archibald Gracias por la Bienvenida al manicomio (Thanks for your welcoming
me to the madhouse)

.- Anthonyp, i visited your site. I love dogs too. I have a trio of small, noisy Yorkshire Terriers. They love Daddy and love the beach.

.- VSImaniac, GTX, Daryl J., etc., i warmly thank you.

Now, this is a modeling forum ¿Is it?, because gents, minutes before i saw something that catched my eyes and i'm starting to caress the idea of a scratchbuild of the "Fokker/Republic Aviation D-24 Alliance".
Check it up on http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/ and tell me, is it a hot subject or no.

Best regards,
RAFA.

PD. Silly question: ¿How do i upload pics in here?
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

lancer

QuoteYou're a very happy bunch.
Happy?  I think "crazy," "insane," "completely mad," or "stark raving luney" are the words you're really looking for  :dum:
Speak for yerself you bleeding nutter.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

I like the flying papyas idea...

Welcome Rafael, pull up a chair and join in the madness.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Rafael

right now i have a very big one in my refrigerator, should i eat it or.......
1/72 Scale Maniac
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Rafael

Not fearing to appear as an illiterate, i haven't found any topic regarding this, um, a silly question: HOW DO I POST PICS HERE? i want to start a new thread and i want to upload pics of my work. Please point me in the correct direction.
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Rafael

Thank you Wooksta!!.  Where, did you say???
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Rafael

1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

I'm late (I'm always late, you'll soon discover) but welcome, Rafa!

Going back to your question about what kinds of modeling materials can be used, you might notice that some of our creations are more putty than anything!

Oh, and another way you can show images here (on any thread) is to set up a free account at www.Photobucket.com, upload your pics there (can be bigger than the filesize allowed here, too), and simply copy/paste the URL from the image on Photobucket into your post here.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Archibald

Here's the link to Photobucket
http://photobucket.com/
All you have to do is create your album... and show us pics of your models  :cheers:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.