Main Menu

Lets go to the movies!

Started by gooberliberation, November 23, 2006, 02:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Well there's the Cabal Bolide Mk. II I extraoplated from "Things to Come". This might give me the push I need to figure out how to build one of those huge "Gas of Peace" bombers from that film also.

Then again, I've always really liked the lozenge patterns used in "The Blue Max" and I happen to have a Fokker Triplane and a D.VII in the stash. Of course, I could paint the D.VII as it was in Jack Hunter's book (complete with the cuss word on the upper wing). I really like this idea! I'm game! Count me in!

Brian da Basher

Spey_Phantom

this would be my entry if i havent builded it yet  B)

another good exsample to enter the group build, note that last night i upgraded the paintjob with the right color sheme  B)

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...420&hl=turbokat
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

B777LR

QuoteMig-28s, any markings.
Yup, just imagine if the US navy captured some, and used them as aggresors :lol:  

Chap

Sounds like a great idea, I'm in!
Maybe an F-117 Stealth (Philadelphia Experiment II) or a P-51A (Iron Eagles III) in Luftwaffe markings? ^_^

~Steve

lenny100

allready have a f-117 in ww2 german markings  might do bluethunder as she is now

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

nev

QuoteI've thought many a time of doing an operational MiG-31 Firefox -are there any kits?

Regards,

Greg
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/air/pholmes/firefox.htm
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Shasper

QuoteMig-28s, any markings.
Dam! and I already built a few!

Would the Adversary A-4s from TG count as well? This could be my excuse for building the rest of my TG fleet (now how am I gonna get Mav to flip the bird? better yet, where am I gonna find a teeny poloroid camera for Goose?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

GTX

Nev,

Thanks for that - a review is always helpful - especially the point about the landing gear.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

SinUnNombre

I'd be in with a 1/72 Phoenix from Flight of the Phoenix. Been wanting to build one since the remake came out.

Jon

Leigh

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Gary

The Submarine P-40 from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Hmmm can't remember so much, but Angelina Jolie was in leather.  
Getting back into modeling

Sisko

Philadelphia Experiment II

F-117 Night Hawk in Nazi markings!!!!!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Mossie

I've been thinking of maybe Thunderbird 6, the Tiger Moth in the feature length episode of the same name.  Biplanes aren't normally my thing, but I'm quite fond of the Tiger, as well as the Gypsy Moth.

A Thunderbirds/Gerry Anderson build has been banded around before & is a damn good idea.....

My current idea for the Secret Santa would fit in this one nicely, the german jet fighter that never got used in the Indiana Jones films.  Ah well, I guess it'd be greedy to have the same builds in two seperate GB's!

Rather than films, I've thought of a lot of books that I could build an aircraft from.  There was a plot in Chris Ryans Land of Fire, where the Agenitines planned to re-invade the Falklands using two C-17's form an undisclosed desert country (it mentions they were painted in sandy hues) repainted in an RAF scheme.  Both schemes would be a whiff, it also mentions the RAF paint job was 'RAF European winter overall' with red, white & blue roundels, operated from Lyneham.  Trouble is, there's still no damn C-17 kit & I don't want to pay over £100 for Anigrands forthcoming 1/72 job!

The Dreamstar, from Dale Brown's Firefox, COUGH!!!, sorry, Day of the Cheetah is a FSW stealth fighter with a thought controlled weapons system which Clint Eastwood COUGH COUGH!!!, damn, I've got a nasty cold, the Russians plan to steal.  There's also the Cheetah, a modified F-15.  Although the Cheetah features in the title, it's the Dreamstar that's the real 'star'.  I used to have an Italeri MiG-37 Ferret kit that would have lent itself to this, but I have know idea what happened to it, just dissapeared!

I'm coming up with these book ideas, but I'm guessing they're not allowed?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AeroplaneDriver

Maybe a popular fiction GB would attract more participation than strictly movies then...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

gooberliberation

Books and popular fiction count, but "Lets go to the movies!" is a lot catchier than "Lets build something someone else made up!"

Mabye now I'll finally do an Enemy Ace Me 262

:lol:

Think we have enough support to make this real sometime, like second half of next year? I'll try to find a good prize for the weiner.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.