PM declares Quebec nation 'within Canada'

Started by Son of Damian, November 23, 2006, 04:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Damian

PM declares Quebec nation 'within Canada'

Now obviously as an American I don't totally understand the whole Quebec thing, but I do see some Whiffery potential here.

Maybe one day Quebec will gain it's independence or become a semi-autonomous state. As it's own state Quebec would need it's own military or defence force. Since Quebecois speak a dialect of French I would imagine close relations with France. So Rafaels, Mirages, and Leclercs could wind up in the Quebecois Defence Force, QDF.

Ideas......
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

gooberliberation

Wasnt there a Quebecistani Rafale with maple-leaf shaped kills on ARC?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Captain Canada

That's just our Prime Minister trying to grab a few votes.....

Gary made some really cool fleur de lys decals and such.....A few are on one of my Sea Kings, and others will find their way onto a J-10.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

I've got a whole "Quebec" nation coming, complete with fleru de lys roundels, but I'm waay to drunk to post anything right now...

(I had to retype this post twice to make sure it made sense...  American Thanksgivings are great around my house...  We're apparently very thankful for booze...  Wha?  I had HOW many shots today?!  Frak... )
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

John Howling Mouse

didn't Todd do up something along these lines?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Lucky bugger.....we're going balls-to-the-wall at work, and I can't drink ( to get drunk ) until next week ! Look out Tuesday night, I tells ya !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.1

I did this lonnnng ago with an F-18 and wings from an F-102..I think

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Cont...8_Donatello.jpg

Alvis 3.1

Archibald

QuoteRafaels
RAFALE

Lot of fun with this confusion, we have a singer named Rafael here in France (I'm not a great fan of him )... and gorgeous Carla Bruni has made a song named Rafael, too...
but the plane name is RAFALE  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Gary

Getting back into modeling

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

John Howling Mouse

Sorry, Gary, was that YOURS, then (not Todd's)?

"Brilliant" (as they say)   :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

So would the theme for such a build be "FAQing around"?  :P

Not many Canadian ship models out there, but perhaps France might supply their "cousins nord-americains" with patrol vessels and subs.

JoeP, descendant of the Quebecois
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ollie

Mind your language archie, and if you're going to swear, at least write it properly.

Nice move by Harper, even nicer model by Gary.

;)  :wub:  

Spey_Phantom

i dont want to ruin everyones good mood, but in my personal oppinion, i dont think it will happen.

just like Quebec, Flanders here is in the same situation (has been for some time now) and there have also been rumors of disbanding the Kingdom of Belgium.
but it just didnt hapen, there are proposals on the table, but by the looks of it, nothing could happen before 2010.

so to all Quebecans, you can hope, but there are some thing that will only be a dream.

Nils,
Commanding officer, Flemish Air Command  :lol:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitnut617

QuoteSince Quebecois speak a dialect of French I would imagine close relations with France. Ideas......
Well this made me smile, me and the wife have just sold our house to some people who have just moved to Calgary from Paris, France.  After we had got chatting with them we found out that they had stayed in Quebec first for a time but then moved to here.  The French lady said they couldn't understand what everyone was saying.  I thought she was joking but she was quite sincere.  I asked if the dialect was different and she said it wasn't so much as a dialect, but more because, and in her words, it was 'old' French.

Still having a chuckle here.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike