Fantastic Plastic

Started by ABU625, December 12, 2006, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I'd like both the Talon & Manta, but cost is the big problem.  The Talon is $110, around £70!!!  I know the exchange rate isn't fantastic, but it's not really bad at the moment either.  I think that's very costly for a 1/72 fighter & is up there with the Czechmaster Buccaneers, but they include photo etch, many options & enough detail to be a near show winner oob.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Really pleased they're bringing out the Hammerhead, Manta and the Buck Rogers Starfighter, always wanted kits of these. I guess you have to expect the price as they're all resin and exchange rates and such like, but I might be tempted to get at least one, and wait/hope for the price to fall.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

I don't think the price will get really good any time soon.  The exchange rate we experienced before the fall was the opposite, nearly $2 to the pound & unusually good.  Even at the classic rate of 1.75, it'll be around £60.  I know it's resin, I just don't think you get the same value for money as other resin manufacturers.  Even Anigrand (their stuff is getting more affordable again) give you a fair bit more resin for your cash.

I don't want to sound churlish.  I realise costs change on locality & such too.  I'm not getting on my high horse about it, Alan has a right to charge what he likes & only makes a small amount of kits & probably isn't getting rich from it.  He might get more takers if he charged less, but if he's selling out before the moulds die, I wish him well.  I can't really afford them & wish I could, but I won't worry too much.  I'll just oggle yours when you get them Lance!
:wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Green Dragon

I'm in the same boat as Mossie. Would love to have them (and a lot more of Allens kits too!) but I just can't afford it.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

Think Overkiller and Mossie might be interested in this, Fantastic Plastic are doing some Babylon 5 kits in 1/144th scale.
List so far is Thunderbolt Class Starfury, Minbari Nial Class, Narn Frazi Class and Zephyr 109 (better known as one of those triangular Raider jobbies).

Alfred Wong is doing the masters and here are the progress piccies. http://alfredsmind.ca/commissions/samples112.html
Small but I might actually be able to afford them in this scale!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Mossie

Yeah, thanks Paul, I'll keep an eye out for those! :ph34r:

ysi_maniac

Beautiful models, aren't they? :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Green Dragon

Thought you guys might like that! Forgot to mention Alfred said that if they sell well there is a possibility of a 14 inch Whitestar in the same scale. Here's the Starship Modeler thread. http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=79438

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

ABU625

To close out 2009, Fantastic Plastic Models presents the Boeing Blended-Wing Bomber concept in 1:144.

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Blended-WingBomberCatalogPage.htm

This is a simple but highly accurate representation of the two-engined BWB Boeing proposed in 2000. The kit was created in CAD by Jonpage Risque (RetroRocket to his friends) and then finished and detailed by Mana Studios, which also did the casting. This being a "table top" model (no landing gear), we're including a two-piece display stand with nameplate. The JBOT decals include markings for three different strategic bomber squadrons.

The Blended-Wing Bomber kit sells for $75.00 plus postage (which is a bit higher than normal because it's a three-pound model!).

Oh, and don't let the 1:144 scale fool you -- this baby has a 17.5 inch wingspan!

Weaver

ABU625 : your link doesn't work.

Nice looking project! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Try this one Weaver. http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Blended-WingBomberCatalogPage.htm
And if you like the Manta Fighter from Sky Captain try this one. http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/SkyCaptainMantaFighterCatalogPage.htm
And if you are into Star Trek Enterprise he's doing the USS Emette. http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/USSEmmettCatalogPage.htm
Main news page here. http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

ABU625

Cobra

Hey Guys, i was just @ the Fantastic Plastic Model site & Saw they had the Manta Fighter from 'Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow' Just Released Today!!!!!!!!!! www.fantastic-plastic.com it's on their Front Page!!!!!! Thought you should be Informed. Dan

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Overkiller on December 16, 2009, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: Green Dragon on December 16, 2009, 01:33:18 PM
Forgot to mention Alfred said that if they sell well there is a possibility of a 14 inch Whitestar in the same scale.

:wub: :wub: :wub: WELL SLAP ME TILL I'M PINK, AND CALL ME BUFFY!!!   :wub: :wub: :wub:

As you can see, I'm just a lickle bit excited at the prospect of a Whitestar....

:cheers:

Duncan

^ This. Though don't call me Buffy. Or hit me.

JayBee

Quote from: Overkiller on March 25, 2010, 01:43:04 PM
Quote from: Cobra on March 24, 2010, 09:40:35 AM
Hey Guys, i was just @ the Fantastic Plastic Model site & Saw they had the Manta Fighter from 'Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow' Just Released Today!!!!!!!!!! www.fantastic-plastic.com it's on their Front Page!!!!!! Thought you should be Informed. Dan

Nice!  :wub:

...but were is the large scale model of Angelina Jolie?  :wacko:

:cheers:

Yes Duncan,

but where could you fit it in?  :rolleyes: :wacko:
Duncan
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!