A-10 Thunderbolt II

Started by Archibald, December 25, 2006, 06:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkon

are there any a-10b conversion or kits...or do i need to just scratch build if i want one?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

famvburg

Trumpeter has a 1/32 kit, Hobby Boss(?) has a 1/72 kit, Falcon makes a vac conversion in 1/72 & ISTR I've see a 1/48 resin conversion somewhere.

Quote from: arkon on July 20, 2011, 03:21:26 PM
are there any a-10b conversion or kits...or do i need to just scratch build if i want one?

arkon

jcf

Hobby Boss also have the NAW  A-10 two-seater in 1/48th.

Note that none of the kits build an "A-10B", as they all represent the NAW A-10 prototype.
The proposed A-10B was a trainer version.

A production NAW A-10 was evidently supposed to have a one-piece canopy over both crew members.

(image from the A-10 thread on Secretprojects: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,160.45.html)

arkon

well, thanks jonc, had not noticed the different canopys! now i'm not sure which one i want to find n buy! i'll probly look for one in 1/72

GTX

How about a Su-39 type version of the A-10B:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Something silly - A-10B with tail gun:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Scooterman

Rattler time................COOBRRRAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

(pic from intrawebs)

dy031101

Quote from: GTX on July 22, 2011, 03:28:09 PM
Something silly - A-10B with tail gun...

Would you try enlarging the rear fuselage for a tail turret like that of Il-102?

Just figured that those two turbofans have gotta be a constant worry for the gunner......
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

arkon

NARSES2

That Cobra is screaming out for a "sand and spinach" camo scheme to me - turret looks so Italian  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rallymodeller

Doing a 1/48 Rattler (complete with tilting wings) is one of my long-term "gotta do" projects...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Taiidantomcat

Coolest rattler image I have ever seen (and that is saying something!)  :wub:

also love the linework Greg. that SU-39 version, cries out for red stars
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

coolpop6307

Quote from: Mossie on December 15, 2007, 02:28:01 PM
If your taking about a naval variant, how about modding some up to be tankers?  Okay, the A-10 may not have the legs, but it could carry a huge amount of fuel in external tanks & it's wing span may allow it to refuel two aircraft in reasonable comfort.

Thread revive, This would be very cool You could do it like the KA-6 which had the drogue beneath the tail and the fuel tanks on the hardpoints but the a-10 has what...11 harpoints so you take out the gun put a pump and all the pluming in and send them to the base, great now I have to had this to my list. :lol:
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"