Breda Br 350

Started by gooberliberation, December 26, 2006, 01:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

Hmm, even with the redundancy of three engines, I've still got three big-ol radiators on the underside waiting to get shot up... unacceptable for a ground pounder.

I'm currently pondering switching to three BMW 801s, one from an FW 190A and two from a Ju 188. Interestingly, only the 190 engine appears to have a cooling fan :ph34r:
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

GTX

QuoteInterestingly, only the 190 engine appears to have a cooling fan

Interesting - as far as I'm aware the 801 powered Ju-88s (and I assume the Ju-188s) had the cooling fan.  In fact, this picture of a 188 shows the fan:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

gooberliberation

Damn you testors! Another part I've gotta scratch :angry:  
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Maverick

i would almost guarantee cooling fans on the 801s, the donor likely didnt have them thru lack of detail.

Mav

Maverick

either that, or use the inlines & make armoured radiator covers like the shturmovik had

gooberliberation

Quotei would almost guarantee cooling fans on the 801s, the donor likely didnt have them thru lack of detail.

Mav
Makes sense. In my Jane's '46(?) reissue, all their pictures of uninstalled BMW 801s have the fan already on the shaft.

gooberliberation

Quoteeither that, or use the inlines & make armoured radiator covers like the shturmovik had
I would, but radials seem to be the easier solution by far. I couldn't find three sturmoviks to source engines off of.

gooberliberation

I love it when builds involve lots of cutting and chopping. The gray blob behind the canopy is the remote control turret.

B777LR

Chap

Holy Mackrel! :o  Goober, she looks great, can't wait to see her finished.

~Steve

nev

Baztastic!

Out with the putty for you m'boy  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Bold, verrrrrry bold!  Can't wait to see next stage(s)!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

gooberliberation

After some 5 months.... back to work!. I finally did the interior and mounted the centerline engine. Here you can see some balsa blanking off the area where the rear turret will sit. Im not quite sure how I'll deal with the FW 190's wing roots.

Markings will be tan over gray with some green mottling of inderteminant quality. It'll wear RSI markings.

Current Amament...

4x. 5in machine guns, two above engine, two in rear turret.

4x 20mm cannon, underwing and shooting through outboard prop arcs.

2x Kanonenvogel style gun pods... I'll put them wherever they'd fit.

at least 4x unguided rockets.

Mabye a bomb or two...

:lol: Now can you see why this needs not one, not two, but THREE bmw 801s?

Brian da Basher

Woah looking good goober! This is one really imaginative project! I can't wait to see more progress!

This reminds me, I've got an F-15 I need to get cracking on!

Brian da Basher

Archibald

QuoteAfter some 5 months.... back to work!. I finally did the interior and mounted the centerline engine. Here you can see some balsa blanking off the area where the rear turret will sit. Im not quite sure how I'll deal with the FW 190's wing roots.

Markings will be tan over gray with some green mottling of inderteminant quality. It'll wear RSI markings.

Current Amament...

4x. 5in machine guns, two above engine, two in rear turret.

4x 20mm cannon, underwing and shooting through outboard prop arcs.

2x Kanonenvogel style gun pods... I'll put them wherever they'd fit.

at least 4x unguided rockets.

Mabye a bomb or two...

:lol: Now can you see why this needs not one, not two, but THREE bmw 801s?
A cool-looking, armed to the teeth aircraft : a pilot dream...  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.