USS Burton Island

Started by SimonR, December 28, 2006, 03:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Thunderbirds are GO!

Cool   :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

B777LR

I love it! How about just a single vertical stabilisor?

Mossie

Very strange, but being Soviet maybe not strange enough!  Looking forward to seeing this one all done....

:D  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

SimonR

QuoteI love it! How about just a single vertical stabilisor?
Good idea! I might do that if the spares box turns up a suitable doner.

(The Sea Harrier and F-14 are still going strong in Indian and Iranian hands, BTW.  :) )
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

SimonR

I'm back after a marathon five week business trip to Seattle and Tel Aviv. Having said hello to the dogs and ignored Madame I got straight down to this and finished it!

It's not my most aesthetically pleasing build but I really like it!

Falklands GB next...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

NARSES2

Now if I saw that in a Tony Butler book I wouldn't be suprised. It really does look like a Soviet Project model - great stuff

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Sisko

I love it!!! Looks like one of those weird Russian Ekranoplans
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

Awesome!   B)  

Now go give Mrs R some TLC  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Simon what a magnificent build! I love your imaginative concept and flawless execution! I'm sure you could fool a lot of people with this one.

Great stuff!

Brian da Basher

Mossie

It definately has that Soviet feel to it, good job Simon!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Archibald

A-WE-SOME !!!! [/size]

So imaginative... I like it!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Captain Canada

Yes...very well done indeed !

With all that glass, tho, she needs some interior detail.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

SimonR

QuoteYes...very well done indeed !

With all that glass, tho, she needs some interior detail.

:cheers:
There was some counter-revolutionary activity at the No. 14 Central Seat Production Facility in Krasnoyark resulting in a production shortfall. White 24 had to be flown with the crew sitting on up turned buckets. Which they had to supply themselves.

Also, this had been on the bench for 6 weeks and I just wanted it done...  :D  
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson

Captain Canada

I heard that was quite a problem back in the day...many a/c were lost when buckets tipped and overturned the pilots during high-G manouvers......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?