Tucara: Tutor Plus Pucara

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 01, 2007, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI really appreciate what you did with those models! very impressive!!  :wub:

I don't remember if you already told about that, but did you already chose the country who will opperate this beauty??
I was going to enter it into the Falklands GB as another Argentine aircraft type fighting side-by-side with the Pucara.

Shasper, what's a "WUH" again....?  :huh:  :o  :lol:   (too scared to go back to that one!)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

PSR is complete (for this stage) and scratchbuilt tailfin halves have been shaped to suitable airfoils.  Just have to scribe them, cut their base to fit contour of the aft fuselage and glue them on.

Then: more PSR  (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!)

wolfik

wow!!!! what an aeronautial engineering!!!!
this will be an awesome project Barry!
Gekko !!!please make for this guy some nice "bananarama republic" decals!
witha nice camo it will be THE BRINGER!!! :cheers:
Peter

retro_seventies

i wish i had more than 2 thumbs so that i could stick them ALL up!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

she's really starting to look the part now barry - not too much psr left and then it'll be time or her to go to the paintshop!  courage, mon brave!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

BlackOps

I love that you can make creating your own parts look so easy. This is going to be one of THE builds of the year.

I'm very curious as to how it's going to look with the tail section in place.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Eddie M.

Sweet! B)  It's a pleasure to watch a Master at work! :party:
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

nev

looks utterly convincing  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Great stuff, Mr Howling Mouse! I really like how you handled the problem with the wing. Are you planning a T-tail for this beauty?

Brian da Basher

SimonR

Awesome! Have you though about landing gear? I know from bitter experience how difficult it is get all the gear heights right on a project like this...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

cthulhu77

Looking quite authentic, Sir John !  I'm glad to see you've gotten the bulk of bondo work done, no more pink fingers.

John Howling Mouse

Thanks for all the kind encouragement, guys.  I would have quit this one long ago if not for the chance to share progress shots with you all.

Wolfik: I actually just received my "Roundels Of The World" decals from Zotz for the Argentinian markings this will carry.   :wub:

BlackOps:  I did a mock-up with cardboard (yum!) back up there ^ somewhere which will give you an idea of the tailfin in place.  

BdaB:  Oh yeah, baby: tailfin all the way (and the tailplanes are all done/ready to go, too!).   I was so tempted to tape on all the tail pieces as a mock-up but I just knew I'd have a special accident if I saw the t-tail actually in place!   :o

SimonR:  Yep, that's the first thing I look at when mounting dissimilar engines on wings.  This is why I inverted the engine nacelles to increase the distance b/w ground and propshafts.  Still, just like the Pucara, the Tucara will also have very long legs.

Cthulhu77:  True----I remember the first time Ms. Hitler came down and saw my hands all covered in thick red goo (from wetsanding the Bondo red glazing putty) and she assumed I had cut myself with an X-acto knife again.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Stunned silence from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Merseyside.....

Ian - Mutters to himself darkly whist exiting stage left !
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Rafael

Impressive, JHM!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
So far, this little plane has got my attention!!!
I specially liked the way you engrossed and leveled the wing thicknesses. The front office looks exquisitely crafted and......WOW!!!

May The Force Grant you a fast termination, my Master!!!

Your Padawan,
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, fellas.

"Brainiac" over here got excited and went ahead and attached the scratchbuilt tailfin.
Went on very nicely.
THEN I realized it would have been so much easier to attach all the underwing stuff (oh, I don't know: landing gear, ordnance pylons, etc) before I put the tail in place!

And this is why I remain "The Richard Lewis of Model-Building"

Still, nice to finally have a vertical stabilizer for my "flights" around the house.