Tucara: Tutor Plus Pucara

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 01, 2007, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Coming along nicely (and fast! :wub: , might see it finished in my lifetime!)

bluntie

Oooooooh, you cunning bugga!! , I like the way you are getting this together JHM. :
the moose trainer blew me away,but i think i had better sit down for this one!
cant wait to see the paint on.
my hovercraft is full of eels

John Howling Mouse

I had considered waiting until I hit it with primer later today but figured if anyone could appreciate all the dissimilar bits and pieces that have been brought together and PSR'd into submission, it would be you folks.  So, here's some pre-paint previews (if I can stop "flying" this airplane model around the house long enough to paint it!).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Some more shots, just for fun:

Definitely going to re-shape this oddball "nipple-nose"

philp

JHM,
Thanks for showing it pre primer.  
It is coming along great and that T tail really works with it.
Remember to put some access panels to those gun fairings.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

B777LR

JHM, this is so cool (and nice) that if i lived in canada i would break into your house just to see it! (just joking) :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Wow ! Where has this model been all my life ! Awesome stuff, Bazman ! Great job on the cockpit as well, really ups the 'realism'.

The thing just looks too right, from the side-by-side 'pit to the cranked wingtips. I love it ! I can see where you're coming from w/o being able to put it down....but I fear it may get even worse once you add the landing gear ! Touch and goes for all my friends !

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Outstanding work! B)  Sure to bamboozle and confound any true rivet counter! ;)  :wub:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Barry, this one has really come together nicely, I really can't get over how great those gun ports look...sometimes it's the simple things :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

John Howling Mouse

Thanks for all your kind comments: keeps me going.

Got that nipple-nose reshaped more to my liking:

And scratchbuilt a new six-pack bomb-rack from styrene:

nev

At the risk of repeating myself - it looks utterly, utterly real  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Canopy's masked, you know what's coming next!  I'm so excited, I'm so excited.
For me, this is where the real magic starts, when you get to see what all those dissimilar bits and pieces from kits and scratchbashing ™ will really look like together:

And THEN: Primer!  The surface ended up good enough that I can even do Argentina's natural metal/painted aluminum finish!

Captain Canada

Baz !

Now, I don't want to sound to pretentious here, but since you're gonna have to pack it up before you move anyway, and you'll eventually get sick of it sitting on your shelf......can I have it ? I fecking love that thing !

:rolleyes:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

Yep, you've cleared the hard work part and are now entering the fun stage...enjoy!

It looks way cool, can't wait to see this with paint and all those bombs in place  :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.