Tucara: Tutor Plus Pucara

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 01, 2007, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteAs for the side-view of the box, we were going to upload that but with ME holding the box instead!
Don't make me use my delete button Barry!!  :ar:

BTW, does Mrs Hitler & the JHMette have any idea how unbelievably talented you are?  Just curious.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Quotejust out of curiosity, if you are trademarking this, are you trying to sell the design? :mellow:
Some folks in Venezuela seem interested!   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Rafael

Good!!!!. Now I can drive to work in it!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Caracas city: Make a hole, Rafa's comiiiing!!!

YahOOOOOO!!!

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

QuoteAs for the side-view of the box, we were going to upload that but with ME holding the box instead!
Don't make me use my delete button Barry!!  :ar:

BTW, does Mrs Hitler & the JHMette have any idea how unbelievably talented you are?  Just curious.
Nobody could blame you, Nev!!

As for what the room-mates think?  Naw, I think Ms. H. and The Spawn ™ just believe I should spend more time on prior, so-called "fine arts" endeavours like oil painting and sculpture.  

Models are simply more fun and... usually more of a challenge!

Speaking of challenges, here's a couple coming up:

Wings have been cut and capped off with sheet styrene which will be shaped to allow the required wingtip dihedral when re-attached.

And some fun yet to come with the aft fuselage section:

Rafael

(drools) (winks) (nods) (bows)
1/72 Scale Maniac
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Brian da Basher

Well I was gonna spend part of my afternoon working on a model until I saw this.   :angry:

And now that you've got Ian and Eddie knitting, I can't even do that anymore because I am completely outclassed there as well.

Off to the mudpies. Drat you and your stinking talent, Mr Howling Mouse! :angry:

Brian da Basher

B777LR

QuoteWell I was gonna spend part of my afternoon working on a model until I saw this.   :angry:

And now that you've got Ian and Eddie knitting, I can't even do that anymore because I am completely outclassed there as well.

Off to the mudpies. Drat you and your stinking talent, Mr Howling Mouse! :angry:

Brian da Basher
Oh, youve forgotten, youre the best person on this forum at glueing spats to your models!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I know there are times when we all gather around a project and enthuse wildly - Gregs's Battlemech, Gekko's 262, Eddie's Pusher B-25, Wolfik's..... erm.... everything are the first to spring to mind - But this is really a 'class act'. The fact that there is no 'prototype' to latch onto is (to me) a skill in itself, but the execution and visualisation is something I can only dream of being able to do.

This is looking better with each post. Thanks, Barry, for letting us share the ride so far.....

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, Ian.  Means a lot coming from you.

Now, for the tough parts: wing clean-up.  You can see the voids left behind from modifications made to the Mustang wings.  Yikes.

PanzerWulff

JHM this lil bird totally ROCKS I cant wait to see more :wub:  :wub:  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

cthulhu77

Hells bells.  I am sitting here sanding away at a miniscule project, not even able to keep up with the posts !
   I really like the way this build is shaping up , Sir Mouse...it has a really good vibe to it.

retro_seventies

anyone for quilting?  easier than knitting i hear, and the finished product is pretty neat...sort of a "hobby boss 1:1 scale" project if you know what i mean.

looking terrifyingly hard there JHM - my adoration and adulation is yours  :cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

John Howling Mouse

That quilting is looking pretty good right about now!

Had to cut out and shape some turbo exhausts from the back of the Mossie nacelles.  Little nerve-wracking at this point because any slip with a drill or file would have truly sucked as I have no back-up Matchbox kit for the parts.

But both nacelles turned out okay.

Rafael

Shaping up nicely, Baz

Can't wait for it to be finished

Excelente!!!!

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Prop parts.  Blades are modified from a Tamiya 1:48 Raiden.  Spinner cone was cut and shaped from an F-84F fueltank, including half-round notches to fit prop blades.  Other styrene bits in white are the parts needed to make a rotating shaft assembly (took 20 minutes just to bore out that darned middle sized tube, too!).

This way you can see the parts along with a finished product:

Rear view: