Tucara: Tutor Plus Pucara

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 01, 2007, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

PSR-PSR-PSR - RAH-RAH-RAH!!!!

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteOh yeah, once I put these sub-assemblies together, I get to do PSR all over again....  :dum:
Ahhhh quit complaining, bud, you luvvit !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

elmayerle

QuoteGunports!  Cut from an F-15's fueltank with a couple of cannon ports carefully drilled and shaped into each.

In reality, I doubt this could be possible for a whole variety of reasons, including the wingspar getting in the way.

But I've never been too hampered by paying much attention to variety.

Gives it an interesting sleekness:

One gun above the spar and one below.  It'd be a bearcat to service, but it'd work.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

QuoteGunports! Cut from an F-15's fueltank with a couple of cannon ports carefully drilled and shaped into each.

In reality, I doubt this could be possible for a whole variety of reasons, including the wingspar getting in the way.

But WWII fighters had guns on the wings, side of the fuelage, above the engine... don't think it will be a problem!!! (and this is a whatif world, you're right).

I like the good work you make on this model, keep on...  :cheers:
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

John Howling Mouse

Tail fused to fuselage: rough shots (no blending done yet).

Now, the toughest part is cutting and reshaping the A-10 wheel-well bits to suit this big beastie.  Hours of work that only you folks could possibly appreciate, just to get something believable under the wings.  In these pics, the engine nacelles have been shaped to fit and glued to the wing halves but the wheel well elements are just sitting in position to test their fit:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Mr Howling Mouse that's some excellent progress! I really like the look of that tail. I can't wait to see more of this wonderful project.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

You sir, are Amazing! I wish I could spend a few hours watching you work.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Rafael

OK. I insist: This is not modeling. This is Magic!!!

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Ah my head, my head...ego swelling...can't ... get out the ... door anymore!!!  
Thanks, guys.  So far, so good.  I'll hit it with some putty, post some pics, then I'll be needing some advice (will explain later).

^_^  

John Howling Mouse

Blecch, Putty-Sand-Repeat, Putty-Sand-Repeat, Putty-Sand-Repeat, Putty-Sand-Repeat...

cthulhu77

"bondo in the night, exchanging glances, bondo in the night, those sweet wing panels..."

PSR. Hopefully Mrs. H is goose stepping around in her thigh highs! Either that, or put on the military channel.

John Howling Mouse

Quote"bondo in the night, exchanging glances, bondo in the night, those sweet wing panels..."

PSR. Hopefully Mrs. H is goose stepping around in her thigh highs! Either that, or put on the military channel.
Thanks, now I've got THAT "song" rolling around in my otherwise empty head!

Ms. H. is at work, likely up to her elbows in catguts at this point.

I'm extending the chord of the tailplane by simply inserting some Evergreen ™ strip stock, which I will later sand to match adjacent surfaces.

Shasper

I'm quitting! Thats not modeling, it's a freakin work of art!

SHas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Rafael

Masterfully done!!!

Melovesit!!!!

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Typical innit.... he goes all quiet for a week or two then comes back, triumphant, and hits us with this. Good job he's a friend or I'd get VERY pi**ed off !!!

Hmphhhh  :angry:

One of those uber-talented modelers again.... and he's Canadian !

Hmphhhhh  :angry:  :angry:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)