Tucara: Tutor Plus Pucara

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 01, 2007, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Quote from: philp on December 20, 2008, 09:48:48 PM
JHM,
Not sure if this helps much but there is a pic on Airliners that when you show the large version you can see one tag in english and another that appears in spanish which appears to say Retirar Astes Del Vuelo
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Argentina---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-A-4AR/1104087/L/&width=1280&height=972&sok=WHERE__%28aircraft_%3D_%27McDonnell_Douglas_A-4AR_Fightinghawk%27%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=6&prev_id=1128033&next_id=0989176

RETIRAR ANTES DEL VUELO

After that stratospheric paint job, will you put the tags in different languages? Do you want us to leave modelling? :huh: :blink: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

BlackOps

Barry, I hadn't forgot about this one but I had forgotten just how kick donkey it looks!  :wub: Shame on me!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, everyone.  Special thanks to philp and ysi_maniac.  I've printed off the tags and can't wait to use them on the finished model!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

philp

You're welcome and we can't wait to see the final product.

Just one more model to make it that much harder to pick the Whiffies.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

I hate you in much the same way as I hate Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

So, do we get to see pics of the finished model?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Quote from: philp on February 01, 2009, 03:28:13 PM
So, do we get to see pics of the finished model?

Yes, do we???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

John Howling Mouse

Yep, just waiting on completion of a new photography diorama I've been working on for the past week.  You will love it!!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 06, 2009, 12:34:49 PM
Yep, just waiting on completion of a new photography diorama I've been working on for the past week.  You will love it!!

after this long, we'd better !!!!  (I am sure it will be a knock out)

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

solidmodeler

This is a brilliant design, a big improvement over the original Pucara fuselage. When are they going to start manufacturing this thing??? :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

Quote from: solidmodeler on March 20, 2009, 10:46:42 AM
This is a brilliant design, a big improvement over the original Pucara fuselage. When are they going to start manufacturing this thing??? :thumbsup:

A better question is when are we gonna get to see the effin thing :o :blink:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Well, I tried out the new diorama earlier today (had the day off work!) and the first test-shots, frankly, didn't cut it.  I've realized that I really need to use fine grain foliage and ballast for 1:48 scale.  The stuff I've used tends to look toy-like, not very realistic in the photos at all.  For the months of work that went into it, the final result is a little bit of a downer.  I've built a very capable backdrop and am using the best background photo I've ever found but the models in the foreground look more like models than ever before.  It may also have been caused by the extremely bright mid-day sunlight (keep in mind it's a winter wonderland out here and that snow sort of whites everything out).  I will try again on an overcast day for softer light but it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.

It's all coming.  Along with two other finished subjects and so is the Top Secret ProjectTM and I've once again dug out the parts and destruction-instructions for a certain ugly helo...

GTX

He continues to tease us...aarrrgghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!