The Jugular Jaguar Has Been Started...

Started by Radish, January 13, 2007, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

While waiting for various things on the Ornithopter Dak to dry out, set, etc., I started the "Jugular" Jaguar, as flown by that well-known and infamous RAF Vampire pilot, Lord Lancer de L'Ancelot.
Airfix 1/48th Jaguar is the "basis", but with some additions.
I cut it out and prepared the bits last night at IPMS Mercia's meeting.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back story to follow, plus details, and I'm hoping for completion for Milton Keynes when the old Vampire himself, Lancer de L'Ancelot can view the project :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Does that mean I can wear my cape and vampire teeth for MK then Rad???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

That I want to see  :P Maybe I should bring my life size "Buffy" cut-out to protect us all  :ph34r:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Garlic Bread sandwiches?
Garlic round the neck?

Vampires are around us all.

Beware of the Moon.

And has anyone seen Lancer in full daylight?
He's always been inside a building when I've seen him :lol:  

Radish

Radish

Here we go......well on the way with it now.
The u/c will be on with the other bits tomorrow.

It's configured for tactical recon.....you know, Lancer looking for a KFC or something! :lol:  

Radish

Ooooooh it's gonna be good!!

I've changed the colour scheme to all red......most suitable for a Vampire, and there'll be evidence of not just old blood, but new stuff too. :P

I shall reserve the all white scheme for Lancer's "Bleedin' Bug"....the F-18C that replaced his Jaguar. :lol:  

Radish

nev

Someone show Terry how to use a digicam, eh?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Isn't the u/c on the Airfix 1/48th Jag a peice of poo-poo (with an english accent)!
Still, sorted it now. It didn't help that at least two parts were missing...just struts I replaced with some rod.
Next one'll have no u/c and be flying. ;)

Some airframe additions done.....the Airfix kit has the most delightful sprue, very useful indeed.
I've got a few more ideas re. the airframe, and having gone a bit overboard on the cockpit interior (which will be red with a black wash, and then with the decals applied, bits painted, etc. The cockpit will be lightly splattered with gloss red as Lancer (the Vampire piltot, remember!) will have had a feeding frenzy prior to landing.

By the way, suitable TEETH will feature in the airframe mods.

Starting to work out the "backstory"....got a title from a line in the inspirational "Judas is Rising" opening track on the Judas Priest album "Angel of Retribution"......

"Dark Prince of the World"....the rest will follow! :lol:  

Radish

GTX

QuoteHeheheehehe laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This man is a tease!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

Thats not teasing, thats just Terry gurgling to himself  :dum:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

It's in the nature of things.
I reckon that if I paint it Red in the same way as the Frisky, it'll, well, look too samey. Obvious.
And I want Lord Lance "Lancer" de L'Ancelot's Jugular Jaguar GR.7(V) to be a bit distinctive in terms of its scheme without being silly  :lol:
It's just got to be heavily weathered and fully armed, as the great man deserves, so, at the moment (and hell, with my brain, it can evolve and alter at any time :wacko: ) I'm toying with Black, but with the uppersurfaces in a green/brown scheme.....not sure how many greens or browns yet, and a bit of purple somewhere. As it's an RAF aircraft (I haven't decided on the unit yet, but 666 seems appropriate?) it obviously can't have too flamboyant a scheme.
All the undersurface bits and bobs have been added.
I'll strengthen the u/c with superglue in a minute, and later I'll add the rest of the detail......patches, rod, sprue, etc.. on the top, as well as the upperwing pylons for the Sidewinders (that could well be red!)
Really enjoying this one.

Whooooohoooooo ;)  

Radish

Just needs a new fuel dump now, which I'll fix in a minute, then off to beddybies and it can be primed in black tomorrow afternoon (after I've done my chores and nipped out to buy some Primer!)

Doing the old Vampire proud!!
Hope he likes it :lol: