Seversky P-35a

Started by Chap, January 14, 2007, 11:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Great stuff.
Love the profiles. :party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Chap

QuoteAnother idea/offer was to Ireland, the US offered the Irish P-35s.

Chap

Quote...Maybe in olive over sky blue like the Polikarpovs?

NARSES2

Quote[No prob's and as for the books I'll try and find the titles for you

Chris
One good starter is -

The Russian far East by John J Stephen

ISBN 97808 0472 7013

Other stuff on the Cossack's The Great Game etc will have info. I've also picked up a lot in Magazines like "Military History"

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Fabulous profiles.
I like the Irish one!!
I've got one part-built.....just might finish it now!
:wub:  

Mossie

Nice one Chap, I like them both!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Chap

Radial engine is finished, this is the first time I've "wired" an engine and I do like the results (pain in the butt though :D ). My order arrived from Squadron Mail Order so I can now work on the cockpit; I'm using Eduard's P-40C detail set since they didn't have one for the P-35's sparse cockpit. Also ordered resin wheels because I wasn't happy with the originals. Below are a couple pictures of the engine, hope you like it.

~Steve

Engine pic 1 of 2:

Chap

jcf

Have you seen this pic of the 'buddy seat' that could be mounted in the P-35A 'luggage' compartment?

or this cockpit shot?

Cheers, Jon

Leigh

Kewl sorry I was a bit late getting it out, almost kept it for me it looked so nice :lol:  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Chap

Leigh, it is a beautiful kit. Thank you :cheers:

Jon, thank you, I have seen both of those photographs. The "Buddy Seat" is actually one of the problems I've run into. The kit includes the clear side window but has no interior, and I am having a very difficult time finding references or pictures. Since I plan modeling it as an Ep-1 (export variant), I figured I could use the Swedish model as an example. I've seen models on the internet where the builder has painted over the window, painted the inside of the clear piece black, and where they have fully detailed the interior. I was planning on painting over it and explain that an auxiliary fuel tank was installed. I think I might be getting too worked up over details. :P  Below is a photo of the Swedish variant with what appears to be a blackened window.

~Steve

Brian da Basher

Woah Chap that detail work you did on the engine is cool as all get-out! I am really excited by this project and eagerly await further updates!

Brian da Basher

P.S. I recently received a 1/72 P-35 vac from Leigh so I will be taking a few notes...

jcf

QuoteWoah Chap that detail work you did on the engine is cool as all get-out! I am really excited by this project and eagerly await further updates!

Brian da Basher

P.S. I recently received a 1/72 P-35 vac from Leigh so I will be taking a few notes...
Are you going to give your P-35 'trousers' like the SEV-3L?  ;)

Cheers, Jon

Radish

In my build of the P-35, I'm doing it as a ground attack version, with bombs and a gunner in the fuselage opening where the window is. I suppose it'd be useful for throughing packages out (Royal Mail Express Delivery?) or delivering agents to occupied Europe?

Brian da Basher

Ohhh man Jon, I think I'm in love!!!
:wub: :wub:
That's gorgeous! Thank you!

Brian da Basher