Seversky P-35a

Started by Chap, January 14, 2007, 11:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quoteor delivering agents to occupied Europe?
Now there's an idea!  Lysander markings?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Or how about those special Mossies the USAAF used over Europe?  The ones with the radio operator in the converted bomb-bay sending out false orders in German?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

I must admit, my initial idea was to have the RAF P-35 operated as part of the Home Guard, from the "Dad's Air Force" thread. The idea of the suitably armed P-35 being used for local coastal patrol really appeals.
Warmington-On-Sea with wings!
The pilot would have to be Walker (as he was relatively young with a bit of a brain) and could also be used for transporting his Black Market goods!
Capt.Mainwearing could be a pilot....too bloody fat! And John Le Mesurier would be too passive. donkey for Pike, Godfrey, Frazer and the others :lol:  :lol:  

Chap

Cockpit is ready to be buttoned up. This is the first time I've used photo-etched parts and I have to admit, I'm very happy with how the are turning out. No more masking tape seatbelts for me! :D  Paint is Gunze Sangyo Interior Green (first time I've used this brand, love it :wub: ).

~Steve

Cockpit pic 1 of 1:

John Howling Mouse

Stunning 'pit....love the wear on the boot-troughs, too.  Can we get a pic of your first PE belts, please?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Wow that's some pro-style detail work there Steve! I'm really impressed! I can't wait to see more!

Brian da Basher

Chap

Thanks guys.

Quote...Can we get a pic of your first PE belts, please?

Baz, sorry the lighting isn't that great, hope this is a better picture.

~Steve

Cockpit pic 1 of 1:

cthulhu77

Looking good !  Should be a fun one.

John Howling Mouse

Uncanny good stuff.  Thanks for picture.  Wow.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Radish

Nice one.
Love pictures.

NARSES2

QuoteNice one.
Love pictures.
Now is that last comment is meant to make mischief or what ?  :P

Nice cockpit work btw
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK, now I'm sitting-up and taking notice !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Chap

Fuselage is buttoned up, tailfeathers are glued on and the wing is put together. Lots more to do but she is finally starting to look like a P-35. :)  

~Steve

Pic 1 of 1:

Brian da Basher

Woah is that looking sharp, Chap! You're off to a great start with this one and I am relly excitedto see where this goes

Brian da Basher