Seversky P-35a

Started by Chap, January 14, 2007, 11:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Chrome yellow wings and stupidly bright squadron mrakings like the P-26. Woah hold-on I'm giving myself ideas now.... better stop ! :ph34r:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Chap

Maybe Ian, since I'm back to square-one when it comes to decals. The company I was going to order the Turkish markings from (Flightdecs) apparently doesn't carry them anymore :wacko:.

~Steve  

Brian da Basher

Chap,
  My original offer of the Manchukuo markings still stands if you want them. They seem to be a good size to work with your project. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Brian da Basher

jcf

QuoteMaybe Ian, since I'm back to square-one when it comes to decals. The company I was going to order the Turkish markings from (Flightdecs) apparently doesn't carry them anymore :wacko:.

~Steve
Steve,
why not create and print your own decals?
You do a good job with the graphics end of things and the Turkish markings are pretty simple.
Heck, the wing squares could be done with paint.

Cheers, Jon

Radish

Or you could use plain decal?

If not Turkish, Japanese would still look nice....rising sun tail art?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Chap

Thanks guys, I have a feeling I was making a mountain out of a mole hill, I have a tendency to do that :D . I'm going to try using red and white decal sheets and make them myself.

~Steve

Chap

Since I'm about ready to throw my Spatted Hawk at a wall right now :banghead: , I've decided to take a break and work on the long neglected P-35. The reason behind the lengthy hiatus was I did not know what to do in terms of armament. The guns on the cowling were poorly molded so today I decided to forgo the .30 cals on the cowling and put two 20mm cannons in the wings. The cannons are from a Hobbycraft Hawker Hurricane Mk.II and I will put the necessary bulge on top of the wings. Now painting can begin, the interior green has been sprayed and then a base coat of white will follow; from there I can begin spraying the camouflage. Please tell me what you think.

~Steve

Brian da Basher

I think she looks smashing Chap! I really like the wing cannons! Pity about those cowl guns since they're one of the most recognizable features of a P-35. In 1/72 I've been able to scratch cowl guns from pieces of sprue with the nibs of pour gates left on the ends. Any chance of doing that for this bird?

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Lookin good chap!!!!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!