Leave It To Beaver

Started by Sisko, January 15, 2007, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Well the top wing is done. This is completely scratch built.

The actual kit wing will be cut down and used for the engine support. I will then have to make some cross bracing etc.

Then comes the tail planes.  I am not sure whether to go for twin ruddders or one big rudder assembly.  I will have to check references and see some various designs to see which would fit.  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sisko

Sisko

The people have spoken and a gondola was made.

This has been cobbled together from three different transperencies.  It needs some finishing off but essentially it is done. I even have guns to put in it.

This is the most fun I have had for awhile and I guess that is the point.

nev

Well, I was hoping for a separate, hanging gondola, but thats pretty cool nevertheless  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

QuoteWell, I was hoping for a separate, hanging gondola, but thats pretty cool nevertheless  B)
You mean a "dustbin" turret Nev

Looking reall "Gaulic" Sisko  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Incredible work, I'm hooked.

This is just crying-out for Vatican Air Force markings... perhaps from the Assisi Bomb Group - with a large 'Dove of Peace' on the fuselage sides..... I'll get me coat (of many colours  ;) ).

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Well I was sanding away, cleaning up one of the wing joins and I broke off the other wing. :angry:

Sooooooooooooooo I have had to glue it back on which has put me behind.

I guess it wil be some time before an update because now I am going away to Western Australia and I can't really take this one with me.

Ciao

Mossie

Arrrrrgggh! I feel your pain Sisco, I had an Airfix 1/48 Spit Vc that I cracked the wing joint on three times, & in a minor way another two.  Nearly gave it up, but I did actually finish that one!  Not a bad kit, like most Airfix kits needs a lot of work, but the wing joint is a b*stard. <_<

Hope it works it out, I'm looking forward to more pics! :)  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

BlackOps

Sisko, this has such a classic shape, you've really outdone yourself!  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Hi guys I'm back on the bench again. Well for a day at least.

But I managed to get some stuff done.

When I checked my model after sitting on the bench for a week the clear parts seemed to have been affected by something, as they have gone all milky and crazed. :blink:  

Nothing I can do about it so this is now a desk top model. the clear parts will get painted silver.

I have cleaned up all the joints and given a it a coat of primer. Still some ways to go but I am steadily making progress.

Man I will really need to build a slammer kit after this one! :dum:  

Sisko

Well it's finally time for some photo updates.

While a long way from being finished it is proving to be a challange and fun at the same time.

Sisko

Look it's got spats!!!!!!

Sisko

Last one.

I have to build the tail piece yet I am thinking of a single tail plane with twin rudders.

I will then have to paint it and mount it like a desk top model.

The Rat

That's looking so good it should be illegal!  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

Wow, extremely unique in such a cool way----this will look sooooo good on your shelf!

Did you use CA glue for the clear bits that went milky?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.