Leave It To Beaver

Started by Sisko, January 15, 2007, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Not he clear bits had been stuck down with normal PVA glue. the idea was so that this would not happen.

I did glue the lower wing on with super glue. I guess the fumes must have been more intense than I thought.

Oh well
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

nev

mmmm, draggy..........

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

Sisko that's some absolutely wonderful work and the addition of those cool spats are icing on the cake! With each update you capture even more the look and feel of those unique inter-war French creations!

I think I'm in love. :wub:

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

This is definately in the top ten whif's of the year, just keeps gettin' better and better.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Archibald

Quotemmmm, draggy..........

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  How disgusting !!!

I agree, this is one of the most impressive whatifs of the year. The some of work done on this beaver is incredible...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Sisko

Well is amazing that I have done so little over the last month but achieved heaps in two days.

I will let the pics speak for themselves.

Paint is not far away!

Sisko

Sisko

The dreaded gondola!!!!!

The Rat

My flabber is completely gasted. That Sir, is a stunner!  :wub:  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

I still can't believe tis was a beaver, great transformation.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Holy cripes, Sisko! Awesome! If this beuaty could cook, I'd marry it!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

Scooterman

I've been lurking on this build for awhile and DAMN Sisko! this is incredible!

K5054NZ

^_^  ^_^ Go Stu! Magnificent my man, I heartily approve of this total bastardization. Fine work!

Mossie

It's just so believebly, erm, how do you put it in a 'PC' way, 'aesthetically challenged'! :lol:

I do love ugly aircraft, I don't know what it is but theres something I like about function over beauty.  Like artists say when painting fugly people, they have 'character'!  I really can't wait to see this with paint on! :wub:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sisko

Thanks fellas.

Your positive comments keep me motivated. I don't mind saying that it was one of those it seemed like a good idea at the time builds.

Paint went on last night.  I found a few areas that need a little touch up but other than that, I pleased that I am getting to final stages.

I have to find some French decals.

Apart from the beaver it contains the following.

Helicopter blades from a cheap chinese 1/72 apache kit.
Rudder assembly from a revell 1/72 arado night fighter kit (type escapes me at the mo)
Spat legs are the wings from the apache kit
Spats themselves are 4 lifeboats from the old revell arizona kit glued together and sanded to shape
Wheels are truck tyres from the airfix RAF recovery set heavily sanded down
Gondola is part of a crappy old Dinah canopy mated to a gondola section from the revell He-111 Zwillwing kit.
Guns and top turrets are from the same Zwillwing kit.
Engines are from the Dinah kit.
Engine pods are 1/32 scale fuel tanks from an AA model of a Mig21.
The rest is scratched from styrene.

Oh and who can foget the tube of Tamiya putty, half a tin of mister surfacer 500, two tubes of super glue and some two part plumbers epoxy.