A-7 Corsair and F-8 Crusader

Started by upnorth, November 01, 2005, 02:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Turkey, as to oppose the HAF A-7s (hey, they both flew F-102s  :P )

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Scooterman

RAF?  Oh wait that's what I want to do mine in! :P  

anthonyp

Everything looks better in USCG White and Orange.

Of course, you could to the CCG Hangover-headache-inducing-yellow just to be cool (as we know, all planes are made cooler with Canadian roundels on them... or so I've been indoctrinated to say...)

Though I'd give serious pause where the Marinefleiger is concerned.  That could look seriously cool with Kormorans hung under the wings.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Sentinel Chicken

Post-Vietnam austerity forces the USAF Thunderbirds to adapt the Corsair II in place of the F-4 and coincidentally, so does the US Navy for the Blue Angels........

Or the all-white/blue cheatline livery of BAE Flight Systems target-towing A-4 Skyhawks: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0306729/L/

One of the Hasegawa weapon sets had a towed target, didn't it?

Keith Diamond

QuoteOne of the Hasegawa weapon sets had a towed target, didn't it?
Yep, set A.  The one with all of the dumb bombs
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Son of Damian

QuoteThe VNAF would undoubtedly have gotten them eventually had we not pulled out when we did.

Alternatively one could do VPAF A-7 that was captured during the fall of the south.

How about Egypt, A-7s instead of F-4s in the early '80s & with those cool orange IFF markings  :rolleyes:  B) (I think I will do one myself :) )

Venezuela, to replace those Mirage 50s and F-5s in the '80s, I think you know what scheme ^_^  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Archangel

Alot of the National Guard A-7s had a two tone gray camo on them and that could go on a Marineflieger one or even one from Turkey. Arm them with any of the anti ship missiles around and drop tanks. Exocet, Sea Skua,Harpoon,Etc. would look as good as any.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I got a 'D' sitting in a small pile alongside my workbench right this minute, so what ever you decide, I'll build one of the alternatives from the suggestions the rest of the guys post.

Not RN though, 'cos friend Nick has recently done that.

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jennings

QuotePost-Vietnam austerity forces the USAF Thunderbirds to adapt the Corsair II in place of the F-4 and coincidentally, so does the US Navy for the Blue Angels........

Or the all-white/blue cheatline livery of BAE Flight Systems target-towing A-4 Skyhawks: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0306729/L/

One of the Hasegawa weapon sets had a towed target, didn't it?
Actually the A-7 was the preferred choice for the Blue Angels after the F-4J, but there weren't enough available, so they went with the A-4F instead (true story).

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Jennings

QuoteRAF?  Oh wait that's what I want to do mine in! :P
Surely you guys remember this 617 Squadron GR.2 photo from last year??  I photographed this airplane the day before the Grand Rapids (Michigan) airshow in 1989.  It had just arrived from Nellis on its way home to Waddington.  There were three other squadron mates parked on the other side of the field away from the airshow area, but I couldn't photograph them.

:)

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Howard of Effingham

QuoteHi Jon!

You could put your A-7 in the colours of the Kenyan Air Force.
I'm not sure where you'd get the Kenyan decals, but this would be something different.
try either of ZOTZ roundels of the world #4 or #5.

i have both at home and can't remember which pack  these are in :dum: even though i have both at home.

still most a/c look good in kenyan AF markings. but as my mom was born there, i am biased i suppose!  :D  

as iirc, the KAF only has a few BAe Hawks and some Northrop F-5's a sqn of A-7's would be for them a heavyweight punch indeed.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

SinUnNombre

This kit is getting frustrating. All of a sudden, I can picture it in so many different countrys' markings. Pakistan(who almost did get them), Chile, Honduras, Spain, Imperial Iran, South Korea, Jennings' Swiss suggestion...hell, part of me is even debating putting Knights Templar or Florentine markings on it. Arghh. No clear cut favorite as of yet. Would it be too much to request some profiles?

Jon

Archibald

French navy (licence build by Aerospatiale in Toulouse) instead of bloody SE.
If there's no Super Etendard (rather A-7s) Irak and Argentinian navy would have A-7s...
A-7 in Falkland war with 2 Exocet underwings...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

Indian navy would be cool... and I have some Shar decals (if anybody interested)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.