Ju87k-2t Stuka

Started by wolfik, January 19, 2007, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

A bit conventional maybe, but how about two MK 101 or 103 cannon pods under the wings?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PanzerWulff

Or a Fritz-X maybe??? :unsure:
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

GTX

Hi folks,

For those who might be interested, here are a couple of possible German Anti-shipping weapons that might be suitable for this beauty:

Blohm und Voss Bv 143
The Bv 143 was a glide bomb for anti-ship use, accelerated by a rocket engine. It was a primitive sea-skimming missile. A feeler arm was designed to keep the Bv 143 about 2m above the water, but it did not work properly, and the missile was cancelled.

Blohm und Voss Bv 246 Hagelkorn
The Hagelkorn was an unpowered long-range glide bomb. It had an excellently streamlined fuselage, and wings with a very high aspect ratio. Construction of the wings was unusual: The aerofoils were made of concrete, around a steel core. Range was up to 200km if released from 10,000m. Several guidance systems were tried, including the Radieschen radar homing system. This made Hagelkorn one of the first anti-radar missiles. Over 1100 were produced before the project was cancelled.

(See above for more pics)

Blohm & Voss L.10 "Friedensengel" Torpedo Glider
The Friedensengel was a set of wings and tail surfaces, designed to extend the range of a standard 765kg air-launched torpedo. The onboard control system also freed the launch aircraft from the need to maintain the exact speed and altitude required by the torpedo. About 450 were produced.

Fritz-X  
Fritz-X, also known as FX-1400, was the first successful guided bomb. It consisted of a 1400kg armour-piercing bomb, fitted with four wings in a cruciform arrangement, and a tail ring with spoilers for control. It was usually carried by specially equipped Do 217 or He 177 bombers. In the launch aircraft, an operator steered the bomb to its target using a radio command link. Two hits with Fritz-X sank the Italian battleship Roma. Others seriously damaged the Italia and the British battleship Warspite, sank the cruiser Spartan, and damaged the cruisers Savannah and Uganda. Production of Fritz-X was limited to about 1400.

(See above for more pics)

Henschel Hs 293
This was the first guided missile that entered service in large numbers. The Hs 293 was a glide bomb of aeroplane configuration, with a underslung rocket engine. It was carried by bombers like the He 111, He 177, Do 217 or Fw 200. A radio command link was standard, and a flare in the tail burned to help the operator sighting. There were also versions with wire guidance, and the experimental Hs 293D had TV guidance. The sloop HMS Egret, on 27 August 1943, had the dubious honour of being the first ship sunk by a guided missile. Many other victims followed, including five destroyers. Over 2300 Hs 293 missiles were fired.

Henschel Hs 294
Derivative of the Hs 293. It was intended as a anti-ship weapon, travelling to final trajectory to its target underwater.

Henschel GT 1200
The GT 1200 was a powered glide bomb for use against ships. It was designed to dive into the water at the end of its trajectory.

Blohm & Voss Bv L.11 "Schneewittchen"
This was an improvement of Friedensengel. Few were delivered.

Zitteroschen
Zitteroschen was the first supersonic, winged, and guided missile. Intended for use against ground targets, it had small triangular wings and two rocket motors. It did not enter production.

BTW, many of these weapons are available in both 1/72 and 1/48th form.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Rafael

The works of an Architect!!!

The Sixtin Chapel of models!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

ysi_maniac

QuoteBeyond me!   :o   :wub:
If a master say this ... what can I say?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBeyond me!   :o   :wub:
If a master say this ... what can I say?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
You and I can both say "Please pass the next skein (of knitting wool)"   !!!!!!

I'm just as mesmerized and perplexed as anybody else when looking at Wolfik's uncanny ability to will plastic into shape.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

QuoteI'm just as mesmerized and perplexed as anybody else when looking at Wolfik's uncanny ability to will plastic into shape.

I smell witchcraft at work here!!!

Regards,

Greg

Leigh

Wolfik I'm always impressed by the quality and cleanliness of your conversions but what always blows me away is the wingfolds! any chance of a step by step how to?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

BlackOps

Nice! I'm going to have to insist that you finish this model before you get distracted with another!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

nev

Fantastic!  As for markings, it is positively screaming at me - Italian Navy!!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Quotewhat always blows me away is the wingfolds! any chance of a step by step how to?

I second that request.

Regards,

Greg

NARSES2

QuoteFantastic!  As for markings, it is positively screaming at me - Italian Navy!!
ooooh yes  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

wolfik

hi all :)
many many thanks for the laudation  :wub:
I will follow your appeals and will make a small article how to make simple and non labor-intensive wing folds.
its easier as it looks ;)
thanks again!! :cheers:
peter

Mossie

Any progress Wolfik?  If not but your still considering working on it, can I suggest (well actually P1127's idea from the Turreted Fighters thread) a turret maybe, like the Defiant?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

did this ever get finished? :D  :D  
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter