Name For The Concorde B.1

Started by kitnut617, January 23, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

QuoteI need to get my concorde books out and do a little research as to what structural changes would be required (and consult a few friendly technical gurus). I see this as a Anglo-French Strategic Strike/Recon machine, perhaps I will work in a post Suez angle were there is much closer co-operation between France and the UK(the "special relationship" does not survive Suez) and this is developed as part of a joint deterent force.

Apologies for hijacking the thread folks, maybe we should get back to naming the plane?!  :huh:

:cheers:

O.K.
I don't know if this will help, but after I made a query to Phil Butler (the noted aero author) on the Air-Britain forum, he answered with these comments below.  I'm not sure just how much structural changes there might have been.

My best guess would be XW520, which would be a mid-1968 number.  As a matter of interest, when I worked on equipment to go on Concorde it was always classed as 'Common Aeronautical Supply' - that is not civilian (CAA or ARB), nor military (AQD), but in the unusual 'CAS' category, meaning it could go immediately to either civilian or military use without further formalities. It would be interesting to know how that came about.....

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

famvburg

How about keeping it related to Concorde? "Concordia"

Shasper

QuoteShas, what's exactly this model ?  a scalorama / two engine B-1 to replace the
F-111s in vietnam ?
Uhh, no.

Its a 1/144 B-1A done up as a Excaliber B.1 from Operation Granby.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, I''ll move to my short story thread for explanation.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

kitnut617

James (aka. jamatari) had sent me this photo of a half built Concorde which had a description of being the RAF prototype, I have since been told it is more likely to be one of the prototypes but not specifically a RAF one.

Maybe someone can add to that?  

BillSlim

QuoteJames (aka. jamatari) had sent me this photo of a half built Concorde which had a description of being the RAF prototype, I have since been told it is more likely to be one of the prototypes but not specifically a RAF one.

Maybe someone can add to that?
I'd be guessing, but were the British prototypes not tested by the RAE? Maybe its a typo on his part?
I'd guess that the pic is of either the Duxford, or the Yeovilton Concorde.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
My preference would be for a 'V' name.
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.

Zen

To win without fighting, that is the mastry of war.

Excalibur

I like the idea of keeping it with the "V" theme, I'm thinking - Vendetta, Vampire or my fave Vanguard.

Would the TSR 2 also be considered part of "V" Force?

Archibald

Problem with the Vanguard name  is the airliner...
Vendetta or Vanquish sounds cool.

An idea just popped in my mind...
You want V-names ? Browse ASTON MARTIN ! (Vantage, volante, vanquish etc. )  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

upnorth

The only "V" word I can think of when I see the Concord is "Voluptuous" :wub:

Sadly, not the most effective name for a bomber.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

kitnut617

(in my best Monty Python voice)

Alright ! Stop that !  this is just silly, just silly !!!

:lol:  :lol:  :P

B777LR

Vill die Bomcord B.1 Aardvark feature onboard zoilets und galley?

RAFF-35

If you're going down the V bomber names then I would go for venom, viper, vengeance, velocity or vanquish, if not I think these are some cool names as well: Spectre
Marauder 
Tempest
Spectre
Annihilator 
Wraith
Raider
Talon
Cyclone
Reaper
Tethra
Storm
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up