Name For The Concorde B.1

Started by kitnut617, January 23, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Victoria - good looking, with very fast legs!
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

bobbo

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on August 19, 2012, 10:31:55 AM
Victoria - good looking, with very fast legs!

Can't disagree and they're quite long as well  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cobra

if You're going with a V Name, what about Vulcanis or  Vexar? Dan

McColm

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChrisF

I'd just like to put my vote for "Victoria" as its also a city in oz, so we have a canberra connection :)

McColm

tigercat

If the Bombcorde was also a joint Anglo French Development and they wanted a common name smilar to Concorde 's naming process. I'd pick Vengeance, it fits the V bombers and is common to English and French.

rickshaw

Quote from: ChrisF on August 21, 2012, 02:24:00 PM
I'd just like to put my vote for "Victoria" as its also a city in oz, so we have a canberra connection :)

We do?  I know of a state of Victoria but not cities named Victoria in Australia.  There are several localities, bounded and unbounded, though and plenty of placenames which combine the name "Victoria" with something else.  There is of course a Victoria in Canada.

Interestingly, there are no placenames with Aboriginal names beginning with the letter "V".  Obviously, not a prominent sound in the various dialects and languages.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Radish

"Voltan"....from Flash Gordon.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on August 22, 2012, 12:05:17 AM
If the Bombcorde was also a joint Anglo French Development and they wanted a common name smilar to Concorde 's naming process. I'd pick Vengeance, it fits the V bombers and is common to English and French.

Good idea  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 22, 2012, 06:58:18 AM
Quote from: tigercat on August 22, 2012, 12:05:17 AM

Good idea  :thumbsup:

Thought this thread had died ----  :lol:

If we're going with English/French names, I think Vigilance would be more appropriate, seeing as there's nothing to be vengeful against. Being vigilant is what the the V-Bombers were all about, right ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike