Name For The Concorde B.1

Started by kitnut617, January 23, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

Vigilance sounds far more of the PR version to me...
but ive no better idea at the moment so..
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Viper?  Vipère in French, essentially the same as in English.  Gives potential for much pettiness from both nations, as did the addition or subtraction of the e in Concorde!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 22, 2012, 01:06:51 PM
Vigilance sounds far more of the PR version to me...
but ive no better idea at the moment so..

found this:

---------------------------------

Noun 1. vigilance - the process of paying close and continuous attention; "wakefulness, watchfulness.

---------------------------------
pretty much what the V-Force were doing
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on August 22, 2012, 02:00:09 PM
Viper?  Vipère in French, essentially the same as in English.  Gives potential for much pettiness from both nations, as did the addition or subtraction of the e in Concorde!

At the same time as Concorde was coming to fruition an office building was under construction in Croydon. It became the local DHSS (or what ever it was called back then) HQ. They named it Concorde House. The "e" went up and down on that sign like a yo-yo over the years  ;D Not sure what it is, or called now.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

A Fokker
As in what's the ****s that ?

ChrisF

Quote from: rickshaw on August 22, 2012, 01:18:42 AM
Quote from: ChrisF on August 21, 2012, 02:24:00 PM
I'd just like to put my vote for "Victoria" as its also a city in oz, so we have a canberra connection :)

We do?  I know of a state of Victoria but not cities named Victoria in Australia.  There are several localities, bounded and unbounded, though and plenty of placenames which combine the name "Victoria" with something else.  There is of course a Victoria in Canada.

Interestingly, there are no placenames with Aboriginal names beginning with the letter "V".  Obviously, not a prominent sound in the various dialects and languages.

Maybe i was thinking of canada and getting mixed up with the state in oz...

Forgive me im still in blighty after all :D