Rog Ho-229 Reissue

Started by Maverick, January 24, 2007, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

I was just reading Glenn Porter's review of the reissued RoG kit over on Hyperscale when the following comment caught my eye:

"but more importantly, in my opinion, it allows the modeller to use their imagination in a way that few other kits do."

I applaud his willingness to accept that some out there might want to build something other than the umpteenth reincarnation of a P-51 or Bf-109, but I ask the question, why the statement that few other kits can allow for imagination?

That really sums up why there aren't whif kits by the droves and whiffers all over, because the mainstream have such a linear view on modelling that it doesn't allow for independent thought.

Opinions?

Mav

gooberliberation

My mind just went blank after reading "Rog Ho-229 Reissue"

:wub:
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

jcf

Not so much linear thinking John, as fully compartmentalized and conditioned. Little boxes all in a row, all labeled with their proper contents. Remember boys and girls 'Don't put the wrong item in the wrong box'.

:dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:

Cheers, Jon

GTX

QuoteDon't put the wrong item in the wrong box'.

Hey, I don't even know where the box is any more :lol: .

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

B777LR

I cant beleive my eyes! Ho-229 really to be reissued!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Mossie

Regards,

Greg
There's a box??? :blink:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

QuoteThere's a box???

Only from what I've been told - haven't actually seen this mythical thing myself.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

QuoteRemember boys and girls 'Don't put the wrong item in the wrong box'.
Quite right, or obsessive compulsives like me will throw you withering glares and start gnawing on their knuckles.....  :ph34r:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

jcf

Regards,

Greg
There's a box??? :blink:
Exactly.  :D  

Supertom

I miss boxes.

Wait, are we even talking about the same thing?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Sentinel Chicken

My obsession about boxes got me three kids. That in turn caused my model room to become one of the kids' bedrooms and thus no more work area.

Watch out for those boxes!

Howard of Effingham

hmm, i have this kit out of the box at the mo' and building. it is a bitch of a kit,
first issued in 1994 [according to RoG's scribbling on the moulds].

still JMZ's go thatta way.....  ;)

it is a nice kit with lots of detail and one i'll buy again if i can find it. does need
noseweighting and a small semi-circle of plastic card at the front of the cockpit
to hide the weighting. gonna do mine in a northrop-grumman-flight systems livery
over light aircraft blue. you know, flying wing single seat research a/c predating
the 1940's flying wings and the B-2 Spirit.

as for the empty box. i save mine up in a large plastic bag and when the bag is
full donate them to a local preschool and nursery group, which they appreciate.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

Is this kit anything like the PM Models one I've got rotting away partbuilt in my stash at the moment?

It might be in a box but I can't be sure....... ;)

Nick B)  

NARSES2

No it's not the PM one Nick - much better, although I had fun with the PM one in last years "One Week Build"

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mechworker

Holy heck...

Somebody get me a new pair of pants... I just wrecked these ones.

I swear, if I see these, I will want to get about 10 of them.

I have a lot of ideas already.

How soon until this comes out?